PDA

View Full Version : My Shop just gives the player a single rupy!

ShadowTiger
08-14-2003, 01:32 PM
I have a room that is a shop. Shop 14, I believe. It's only item is a blue ring. It goes for 50 rupees, or something like that.

Link falls down a vertical shaft, (Stair combo.) and uses either an entrance/exit or I-warp zap to appear. I tried switching it to both a cave and Dngn type dmap, but neither affects this. The string is set, the shop type is set, the room type is set, and the guy is a merchant. No matter what I do, even setting the level # to 253, the guy only gives you a rupee instead of a blue ring. What's going on? :(

KJAZZ
08-15-2003, 01:20 AM
50 rupees for a Blue Ring? o.O

That said, is this where you enter the dmap? Did you double check the shop that you used? Do you have intro text for this dmap?

If all of those are right..I dunno.. Everything sounds like it would work..

ShadowTiger
08-15-2003, 03:31 PM
This "50 rupee armor piece" is the leather armor, for which it is attained as a bonus for finding a number of 5-rupee pieces scattered through out the intro. If you find them all, you can buy the armor. If you don't, you get to keep the rupees. :p

The thing is, there's no leather armor there. It's just a single rupee that you can actually collect! It acts like a special item room, when, rather, it should be a shop. This, is my problem.

KJAZZ
08-15-2003, 03:32 PM
It sounds like you're doing everything right..if the quest isn't too big, you could send it to me and I could try to find the problem..

What beta are you using?

ShadowTiger
08-15-2003, 03:38 PM
182, of course. Umm.. I'll.. try to upload it right away. Then again, better wait for the release. I'll tell you the password. You, .. and only you.

It's not that far off. ;) Thank you very much though.

KJAZZ
08-15-2003, 04:16 PM
Okay, well, you know where to find me on AIM and whatnot..