PDA

View Full Version : This isn't good...

J.J. Maxx
08-14-2003, 11:32 AM
Over the past week I have been playing SOCOM: US Navy Seals on my PS2 online with other players. Well a game can hold 16 players, 8 per team.

The teams are divided up into two groups, Seals and Terrorists.

Well, since I started my first games as a terrorist, I've gotten used to their weapons and their starting points in the map. Also, I usually only play one level because it's my favorite, Desert Glory. In this map the terrorists are arabic and the speak, command and taunt in arabic. I've actually begun to learn the sayings because they say them so much.

Anyways, I went to the airport yesterday for an air show and saw about a dozen army-types in camo and I actually felt some animosity toward them. I classified them as 'the enemy' and wacthed them with disdain.

I knew in my head that they were the good guys but my gut feeling after playing this game caused me to see them as the people who kill me over and over.

Anyways, it was unexpected and thought it was noteworthy.

Maybe later I will add a picture of my character to this thread. ;)

DarkPanther
08-14-2003, 12:24 PM
I would've paid you to taunt them in Arabic.

J.J. Maxx
08-14-2003, 03:14 PM
For real, I was so tempted to pick up a rock and throw it toward them and scream, "Afaq anad T'hefrra~!!"

And hide behind some random oil drum. :thumbsup:

MasterSwordUltima
08-14-2003, 03:17 PM
And then they open fire on the drum and there goes J.J.Maxx.
Then Foxy will tell Chibi that you died saving the country. :p

Predcon1
08-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Join the club

TheGeepster
08-14-2003, 05:44 PM
I'm so tempted to make the point that this is evidence of the effect of video games on the human mind. But I won't at this point in time.

That is weird JJ.

Link 101
08-14-2003, 06:10 PM
That is weird, but somewhat cool. I wouldn't mind being able to taunt in Arabic. I would taunt some random Arabian guy, he would then randomly kill me.:sweat:

MasterSwordUltima
08-14-2003, 06:29 PM
No, the killing wouldn't be random.

Link 101
08-14-2003, 06:34 PM
I know, I just felt like saying that. I randomly taunted him so he randomly killes me. I dunno, just felt like saying that.

stormwatcheagle
08-14-2003, 06:43 PM
Hmmm, well that is odd. Perhaps you should play as a Seal for a few days.

TheGeepster
08-14-2003, 06:50 PM
AVADA KEDAVRA! Oh wait, this was a SOCOM thread, my bad! (That is apparantly Arabic for "Let it be destroyed!")

BebyGoku
08-14-2003, 07:27 PM
Dont worry after many countless nights of playing Battlefield 1942 on the axis side (i like there machine gun better), i started to remember the commands and so forth. I havent encountered any WWII veterans so i have no intentions of yelling stuff at them in german. But i have realized that i cant play on Allied team or else i get mad and start killing my own people just because they suck so bad. I also only play Axis on MOHAA (Medal of Honor Allied Assault) for the same reason...the guns are better. Once i remember how to yell ive seen french school girls shoot better...i need to start to worry. But so far im safe.

Maverick_Zero
08-14-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
AVADA KEDAVRA! Oh wait, this was a SOCOM thread, my bad! (That is apparantly Arabic for "Let it be destroyed!")

That's the incantation for the death spell in Harry Potter. I thought that the incantations would have some sort of meaning.

And after playing on the CT side in Counter-Strike, I wanted to kill people wearing winter camouflage, and thick glasses (the l337 model) The uniforms usually worn in CS.

J.J. Maxx
08-14-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster

Ya know, that may just be what they're saying. That's waht they say whenever they throw a grenade. ;)

AlexMax
08-14-2003, 08:55 PM
If you want my opinion, Ghost Recon Island Thunder obliterates SOCOM.

Still, that is pretty scary. I know what you are talking about, since I've had some SOCOM all nighters myself in the past.