PDA

View Full Version : PlayStaion CDROM Emulators

redmage777
08-14-2003, 11:09 AM
Ok, after reveiwing the rules Its seems I am well with in my rights to request a link to an Emulator. Does anyone know of a reliable PS Emulator that can read the Roms on actual PlayStation Disks?

I want to Rip Images from PS1 games, If some one knows a better way to go about doing that, Im all ears.

Rufus84
08-14-2003, 12:43 PM
I use ePSXe v1.52, just google search for it. I cannot tell you where to get the bios (all emulators need it), so once again google it. ePSXe will read both the disk and ISO's. To rip the ISO's, i used CDClone to create .img files. It works for me. But once again, i cannot tell you how to get programs like CDClone unless you want to buy it.

I have had only one game not work on this, and i think it was a corrupted file.

thePHeffect
08-14-2003, 04:46 PM
test

Gerudo
08-14-2003, 05:06 PM
i used a good PSX emu called AdriPSX ILE... head over to zophar.net

That and ePSXe are the best, imo...

firebug
08-14-2003, 07:14 PM
i use Connectix Virtual Gamestation, and for ripping psx games, i just do a direct cd copy through roxio easy CD creator. the games you copy wont play in a playstation without a modchip or using a boot disk, but Connectix VGS will play them no problem.

Pink_Demon
08-14-2003, 09:39 PM
I Downloaded ePSXe today and it runs some of my old games that my playstation won't play! Thanks!

/me is off to play SaGa Frontier

Bloodstar64
08-15-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by redmage777
Ok, after reveiwing the rules Its seems I am well with in my rights to request a link to an Emulator. Does anyone know of a reliable PS Emulator that can read the Roms on actual PlayStation Disks?

I want to Rip Images from PS1 games, If some one knows a better way to go about doing that, Im all ears.

Goto Zophar and get the lastest Epsxe (1.60) and get ISOBuster to rip images. You will need a bios for Epsxe which can be found thru a google search. You will also need some plugins from zophar

MottZilla
08-18-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by firebug
i use Connectix Virtual Gamestation, and for ripping psx games, i just do a direct cd copy through roxio easy CD creator. the games you copy wont play in a playstation without a modchip or using a boot disk, but Connectix VGS will play them no problem.

Actually you are wrong. Connectix VGS will NOT play copies. You are using a HACKED VGS that you downloaded that will. VGS was a commercial product you had to pay for originally but they are gone now so it doesn't really matter. Even so, Epsxe is waaay better than VGS because VGS doesn't use any 3D hardware acceleration.

Thunderbird
08-18-2003, 04:11 PM
One thing I'd like to know is how does VGS differenciate between an original and a copy? Is it somehow able to read the PSX region code on the disc that can't seem to be burned to a backup CD? :p

Bloodstar64
08-19-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla

Actually you are wrong. Connectix VGS will NOT play copies. You are using a HACKED VGS that you downloaded that will. VGS was a commercial product you had to pay for originally but they are gone now so it doesn't really matter. Even so, Epsxe is waaay better than VGS because VGS doesn't use any 3D hardware acceleration.

No Mott, You are wrong. I own a legel copy of CVGS and it will play copies/imports near prefect.

MottZilla
08-20-2003, 02:53 PM
Nope. Please don't tell me I'm wrong. Read this article.

http://www.macwindows.com/MW99conn.html

CVGS used the copyprotection and would not boot copies. You are using a hack. It won't play COPIES if it's the ORIGINAL release by Connectix.

Quote :
Connectix also has taken some measures to prevent the use of VGS to play illegal copies of Sony's games. For instance, VGS won't play CDs manufactured outside of the United States, where most bootlegged copies are created. This also means that VGS won't be targeted to the Japanese market, Sony's home base.

NOTE: Unknown to us at the time, a day after Connectix Virtual Game station was released, someone wrote a VGS patch that gets around Connectix protections that prevent the use of VGS to play illegal copies of Sony's games. According to a source, the patch enables the Sony PlayStation emulator to play non-U.S. games, as well as bootleg copies on CDR discs of Sony PlayStation discs.

So, no, I'm right and you were wrong.

Thunderbird, the reason PSX copies can be identified is certain EDC sectors I believe, on an original disc are purposely zeroed which the standard cd writer nowdays will see as a error and correct it when it writes your copy. Thus the PSX bios will check for this zeroed area and if it's not zeroed then it halts the system.

CVGS as well as any other emulator could do this. In theory you could have made bootable PSX disc copies if your CD Writer did NOT correct the intended errors.