PDA

View Full Version : oldies

idontknow
08-13-2003, 02:11 PM
how many of you still play older video games? if you do, how old of video game systems do you play:
--Atari (probably the oldest, ancient)
-Original NES (very old)
-Sega Genises, Super Nintendo, etc. (old school)
-N64, PS1, etc. (pretty old)
-DreamCast (not that old)
-I play any combination of the above systems still--the old & very old, as well as the new
-I don't play any of the older systems anymore, just newer ones

so, anybody play any of the olders systems still?

stormwatcheagle
08-13-2003, 02:16 PM
I got an NES, Genesis, SNES, N64, PS1, and Dreamcast. Atari was before my time, but i'd buy it and a Virtual Boy if I could.

Axel
08-13-2003, 02:20 PM
ah, if only my NES still worked...

Yoshiman
08-13-2003, 02:31 PM
I still own my SNES and I don't plan to give it up anytime soon. Especally now that I have Chrono Trigger and MegaMan X2 for it. I probably would still have my NES if that stupid spring would've worked.

Maverick_Zero
08-13-2003, 03:27 PM
I still have my SNES, as well as my Genesis, and Dreamcast. My ps2 works as a ps1. I don't have my NES anymore. :( But I still play emulators from time to time. For stuff like the old castlevanias and Bard's Tale. But I wish I could find a PC version of Bard's Tale.

King
08-13-2003, 06:15 PM
I wonder why the Sega Master System hasn't been included with the NES.

vegeta1215
08-13-2003, 06:51 PM
I still play my NES, SNES and N64. I used to have the original and pocket versions of Gameboy, but I traded them in as the GBC is far better.

Originally posted by Axel
ah, if only my NES still worked...

You probably just need an new 72 pin connector for your NES. I got a new one and now my NES plays like it's brand new! I got mine from http://www.mcmelectronics.com Go there and search for "Nintendo", and the connector should be in the list. This page sells the connector too and also has intructions with pictures on how to install it: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dsullo/nes.htm

Nekui
08-13-2003, 11:09 PM
I keep my beloved Dreamcast and Genesis under my TV, also a PS1 with two games a friend just gave me.

Ian
08-14-2003, 09:47 AM
I have my NES, PS1 and GCN hooked up. I have our N64 hooked up, but there's nowhere to put it.

gameguy032
08-14-2003, 09:51 AM
I've got my GCN and NES hooked up right now, and just a couple weeks ago I had my SNES hooked up as well. I would have my N64 as well, but it's just not as fun to play. And to think, that NES and SNES were used much more that night than my GCN or my cousin's Xbox.

Link 101
08-14-2003, 06:17 PM
I play a combination of the old and new. I like the original Nintendo. I own a Sega Genesis. I own a PS1 also. I have a GC and a GBA SP. That is all I have. I like them all thoughm except Dreamcast.

Maverick_Zero
08-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
You probably just need an new 72 pin connector for your NES. I got a new one and now my NES plays like it's brand new! I got mine from http://www.mcmelectronics.com Go there and search for "Nintendo", and the connector should be in the list. This page sells the connector too and also has intructions with pictures on how to install it: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dsullo/nes.htm

You can fix it yourself. You just have to unscrew alot of stuff, pull each pin back into the right position with tweezers, and then screw it all back in. It's very tedious work though.

vegeta1215
08-15-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Maverick_Zero

You can fix it yourself. You just have to unscrew alot of stuff, pull each pin back into the right position with tweezers, and then screw it all back in. It's very tedious work though.

The pins in mine we're out of place, they were just really filthy and broken. Getting a new connector is just the way to go imo. It's not too hard to do it yourself. The page I linked has good instructions. The hardest part is taking the old connector off and putting the new one in (after you take apart the NES of course, which was tricky for me cause those screws were in there really tight!). I swear I was gonna break the mother board in there when replacing the connector though.

Ibis, God of Magicks
08-15-2003, 03:15 AM
I still crank up my NES all the time, Between KI and FF, its the greatest.

njptoo86
08-15-2003, 03:10 PM
i betcha im the only one that still plays on a pong system

redmage777
08-15-2003, 03:20 PM
I don't even have any new systems, Just NES, SNES, GEN., N64, and a Little PSOne. I can't beleve I passed up a chance for a GEN 3 once...

KJAZZ
08-15-2003, 03:27 PM
My NES no longer works. I gotta see what the problem is one of these days..If I can find it in the garage. o.O

My SNES and N64 still work perfectly, and I still play them.

Maverick_Zero
08-15-2003, 04:59 PM
Strangely, my SNES works better then my Dreamcast. My Dreamcast randomly reboots. :shrug:

zfreak2004
08-19-2003, 02:49 PM
Heh, I have every system I've ever owned hooked up except for my NES... I ran out of places to plug things in and behind the entertainment center is already a fire hazard...