PDA

View Full Version : Worst.. Keyboard... Ever.

ShadowTiger
08-12-2003, 12:02 PM
I'm at my cousins's house, and his keyboard is so messed up, I cannot tell you. Everything both sticks and stinks. The keyboard has more filth on it than a sewer pipe, and the keyboard has gotten stuck more times than my friends sister through that same sewer pipe! :eek: I hate it, and I want to buy him a new one.

Can someone recommend a good place to get them, for the*grumbles* least amount of money? Except, he really likes his keyboard, and doesn't want to get rid of it.

So how can I convince him to get a better keyboard?

I spent some time fixing up this post as much as possible to make it more legible. Would you believe that I had to type this up on notepad on another computer? (Which didn't have 'net access.)

The Savior
08-12-2003, 12:05 PM
You can get cheap-o keyboards at any major computer store for just a couple of bucks, and from the looks of things even one of those would be better than what you have now.

ShadowTiger
08-12-2003, 12:15 PM
wow, you replied fast. :p Thank you , Tsavior. :) I'll try to get my aunt to take a quick detaur to get a new keyboard at Staples.

BTW, about how much are the keyboards? I've got nothing to compare them to, pricewise. :shrug: Thank you.

Yoshiman
08-12-2003, 12:18 PM
I belive I got my keyboard at RadioShack for around $30. I'm not too sure, but it was alot less than I thought it would be. And none of the buttons stick either.

Gerudo
08-12-2003, 12:22 PM
http://www.microcenter.com/search_results_e.phtml?coordinate_group=D3A1

that should help you compare prices, at least

ShadowTiger
08-12-2003, 12:23 PM
:odd:... :sick: Sorry, Yoshiman, waay too overbudget.

What can I get for two sticks of gum and a dress-suit button? :eyebrow: It's Trident Gum, I think.

Alright, upon reaching into my other pocket, I have $10. Ever seen one for 10?

Gerudo
08-12-2003, 12:46 PM
if you look at my link you will see some for 8.99

gdorf
08-12-2003, 03:13 PM
The ones for 8.99 are horrible though. From the sounds of it, they may or may not actually be an improvement. My mom bought a keyboard for less than $10 at wal-mart. It was such a piece of crap. It had a shut down key directly above the up arrow, so you would often accidentally shut down the computer. Also, keys randomly didn't respond.

The keyboard I am currently using, and have been using for years, is a gateway 2000. I think it was bundled with a computer my parents bought awhile ago, but I would assume it would run for $20-30. I clean it very well every six months or so which keeps it working great. Have you thought about just cleaning their keyboard? It can make a huge difference.

Jemsee
08-12-2003, 04:01 PM
I have a MS split kboard and love it.
Hard to work on one that is not.
But they run around 30-50.
I have seen 10$ boards but you get what you pay for.
Also with my split, I have taken it apart and warshed the contacts with a warm damp cloth, (pop was spilled) and with a q-tip cleaned it up good it was like new.
So maybe try cleaning the old one, that is cheapest yet.

inori
08-12-2003, 09:32 PM
You can get generic ones that work decently for about $20. Or you can get a good Logitech (or whatever brand you like) keyboard, and not have to buy a new one for several years, unless you tend to spill sodas into your keyboards.

And yes, cleaning the thing is a good idea. In fact, that applies to all your computer accessories. :kawaii: