PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Weekend...

zfreak2004
08-11-2003, 09:36 AM
Well, where do I begin... Our Church youth group was taking a trip to see The Great Passion Play (http://www.kellersresort.com/) in Eurika Springs AR, Well, thats all fine and dandy... so I hop on the church van at 9:30 in the morning and off we go... The church van ride is just as fun as it always is, wild and crazy with lot of us caffiene crazed teens in it. Well, after a few stops... one of which my cousin decided he was going to take a picture of this woman at Dairy Queen... we arive at our lodging... "Keller's Country Dorms" (http://www.kellersresort.com/)... Trust me... the website can't even begin to tell how basic the dorms were... The only part of the website that even has a picture of where we stayed is the "Amenities" part of the web site... All these rooms are, is four walls.... two of which don't even touch ceiling and floor... and 4 sets of bunk beds.... More about them later... So anyway, we leave "Keller's Country Dorms" and head to the Passion Play so can we can eat at the all-you-can-eat buffet before the play, one of the things that went right during the trip... So after we get through eating and drinking our fill (pewter cups are cool by the way), we head to the outdoor theater, where we see the Passion Play, which is a very cool and powerful thing, with some of those "cool..." and "how'd they do that?" moments. So anyway, after going to see statue of Jesus, "Christ of the Ozarks", the largest statue of Jesus in the U.S.

After that we head back to the dormitory... remember I said we'd get back to those beds... Well now is the time... We had to get our own beds ready, so they bring around sheets, pillows, and pillowcases... most of which smelt like pee by the way. And we proceded to fix our beds. Well, by about 12:30 or so, lights were out... but you know how that is... It's impossible to do anything when you're goofing off with friends... not to mention the fact that our pastor short-sheeted one of the beds. Once the victim figured out what was going on, we all started busting up laughing and one of the people staying in the girl's dorm started banging on the wall with her fist... and the we hear her loud voice... "Keep it down and be quiet! The group next to us is going to report us." They had gotten up, but we still don't know if they actually did anything... So after a little more goofing off, we finally go to sleep at 1:30...

6:30 in the morning... We hear stomping, and banging on the walls... it would seem that the other group... I think they were Baptists... wanted revenge... well they got it... So anyway, once I was up and about, I decided to go take my shower... I took one look and the bathrooms and decided that hygene could wait... the was nothing a little deoderant couldn't cover up... Anway, at 9 in the morning one group leaves to see the Bible museum, which was very interesting, and would been fairly uneventful if it wasn't for the preacher's little girl trying to pull down an OLD Bible chained to a podium, saying "I'm the Preacher!"... Next on our list was the "New Holy Land" tour which was very fun... Our tram driver was burly man by the name of... "Bo." We visited replicas of several Bible Items, including a replication of the Tabernacle, which very awesome and insightful... Well... once we were done with that... it was time to head home... I spent most of the van ride back reading an awesome book I had bought on the trip... when we were almost home though, my reading was interupted by a wrestling match between two twins... Something quite entertaining and funny to watch...

Well... that was my weekend... quite an interesting experience...

Nemo
08-11-2003, 09:45 AM
Wow, easy way to save money... I think I would have confiscated the keys to the church van and chose that instead. I couldnt bring myself to live with sleeping on something that smelled like pee... my cousin had a dog that peed on his couch... ONLY once in a lifetime!!

Gerudo
08-12-2003, 02:36 AM
:eyebrow: only once eh?

i remember that stupid-ass dog peeing whenever you (or anyone else) looked at it wrong... jesus christ, a fucking fumigator(sp?) wouldnt even clear that smell out... funny tho how our cousin dumped the couch... and the dog... only to get another dog... to let it run away... and not care... yea...

-_-