PDA

View Full Version : Odd Predictions

carrot red
08-11-2003, 04:46 AM
The Conceited Empire, are we now?

This French Guy Is Predicting Our Downfall (http://dominionpaper.ca/features/2003/the_conceited_empire.html)

As if this article is just a tad bit biased! And he says “it’s neither wishful thinking nor anti-Americanism."

Those who predict our fall have already fallen.

Starkist
08-11-2003, 05:19 AM
I don't doubt that the United States will fall someday. Perhaps it will be in our lifetimes. I fear for the future though... We have a Constitution that guarantees personal freedoms from the government. The next superpower may not, and may feel justified in imposing its will on the world....

Trevelyan_06
08-11-2003, 08:33 AM
It's not that great of a prediciton. There have been many empires that rise and fall. The Greeks, Egyptians, Romans, these where all great empires of thier time and they ruled for centuries, but eventually one thing or another brought them down. I still think America will be around for awhile though. It would be very hard to launch a full scale invasion of our homeland.

Nemo
08-11-2003, 09:22 AM
The End of the empire won't come as an invasion rather simply a realization that most of our technology is assembled or imported in other countries. Big business has pushed America to import more and more each year. It doesnt do much for the deficit to boot.... America has been on a decline for a little while but it will all come down to Unity and how well fellow Americans can deal with being in the shadow for a while before we too change our economic values and emerge once again.

Kirby of Doom
08-11-2003, 10:19 AM
American Empire? We don't control the world, not with military anyway. We are no Soviet Union. That and the fact that the guy is French. ;) no offense to anyone here who is French.

Feasul
08-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Kirby, i must agree. The only time that i can think of us controlling a country was telling japan not to have a military, and that was because they attacked us.

Sephiroth
08-12-2003, 03:19 AM
BS ALERT!!! BS ALERT!!!
We are not, never have been, and never will be an empire. As for economic downfall, if we survived the Great Depression, we can survive this. There is nothing to worry about, it's portrayed worse than it is by a media full of d*** liberals....
But I'll save my liberal-bashing for somewhere else, like GB.

TheGeepster
08-12-2003, 10:26 AM
All great nations fall eventually. The greatest of nations usually fall from within before they fall from without and I doubt not that it'll happen to us eventually. However, if we do fall anytime in the very near future, the most likely cause for it will tbe the venom of moral relativism and the decline of societal values.

However, I expect we shall last for another generation at least, because we do have a man leading our nation who has the integrity, and I believe he also has the blessing of God upon him. And there is a call across the country to return to our roots, and that which made us strong.