PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker 2003 Help?

Kairyu
08-10-2003, 05:00 PM
I downloaded RPG Maker 2003 a while ago, and it seems pretty good. I've read the help files and played around a bit, so I've got the basics like "What is a switch/variable" or "How do you use your own graphics." But I'd like to know if there are any tutorials or demo games or some such thingys out there... Y'know, teaching you how to do stuff like make Sprint Shoes, Counterattacks, Scan spells, stuff like that... Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

njptoo86
08-10-2003, 07:23 PM
can you tell me where i can download this

Skulkraken
08-10-2003, 07:47 PM
Just do a search on Google. You can find most ANYTHING on Google.

Jigglysaint
08-10-2003, 08:03 PM
I think it is illegel to post a link to it anyway for some reason, but I could be wrong.

KJAZZ
08-11-2003, 01:13 AM
www.gamingw.net

If you need any specific help, you can PM me or contact me through one of the many chatting programs (check my profile), or just ask a general question..

As for the things you mentioned above..

Sprint Shoes can be easily made with a little knowledge of common events, forks, switches, and items.

Counter-attacks are a little bit more complicated, but still fairly easy to do. Are you talking about something like the Black Belt in FF6?

Scan spells can be done in a variety of ways, the easiest is making a skill activate a switch that shows text in the monster groups.

If you didn't understand any of those, I can give a slower, more detailed description if you want..

Daarkseid
08-11-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by njptoo86
can you tell me where i can download this

No, and any links to where it can be found will be edited out. RM2k3 is a commercial program, and no links to where it can be illegally procured will be posted.

You'll have to look elsewhere.

njptoo86
08-11-2003, 08:40 AM
ok thanks and sorry i thought it was free

stormwatcheagle
08-12-2003, 02:43 AM
www.rpg2knet.com is a treasuretrove of information. Check it out. RPG Maker 2000 stuff applies to 2003, but you knew that.

MasterSwordUltima
08-13-2003, 05:22 PM
Uhm, I dunno if I should say this, but Kazaa does indeed have it. Thats a pretty general range though. /me loves his RM2K3.

KJAZZ
08-14-2003, 01:02 AM
You might want to watch out though, I'd be wary of any .exe files on Kazaa...

Also, you could try asking someone to send it to you, but don't ask me, 33.6k doesn't work that well when sending 30 mb files..

Kairyu
08-14-2003, 06:15 PM
Thanks! That place had pretty much everything I can think of in terms of tutorials... except the counterattack thing. I don't suppose you'd know how to set it up? And yeah, It'd prefferably work something like the Black Belt in FF6.

KJAZZ
08-15-2003, 12:11 AM
Hmm...you could try this:

In the Monster Group events you could try making it so when the enemy damages you, you deal damage back to the same enemy. The problem is, it would take a while to do, and you would need the code in every monster grouping. Could be more trouble than it's worth. Counterattacks aren't really that great anyway IMO..