PDA

View Full Version : Gamefaqs.....

Bloodstar64
08-09-2003, 10:52 PM
You are activating your account from ************.*****.**.comcast.net (***.***.***.***). This is an ISP in poor standing with GameFAQs, due to the actions of other users who also use your ISP. You have the following limited options available to you for registration:

Well... Thats bullshit... I can't submit my faq now damn......

stormwatcheagle
08-09-2003, 10:58 PM
So a few idiots screw things up and they deny millions? That's crap, espically since I use Comcast too.

Bloodstar64
08-09-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by stormwatcheagle
So a few idiots screw things up and they deny millions? That's crap, espically since I use Comcast too.

Yah. What's more is that now I can't post messages/faqs on any of the boards becuase I don't have a comcast e-mail addresses.

gdorf
08-09-2003, 11:48 PM
The way I see it, you have three options:

Route yourself through a proxy on a more favorable isp
Go to www.comcast.net and register for email. (They provide 5 email addresses in our plan, I assume it is the same for you?)
Find someone to post it for you with a more favorable IP

Bloodstar64
08-10-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by gdorf
The way I see it, you have three options:

Route yourself through a proxy on a more favorable isp
Go to www.comcast.net and register for email. (They provide 5 email addresses in our plan, I assume it is the same for you?)
Find someone to post it for you with a more favorable IP

I'll go with the second one. I think ours does too but im not sure.

It's kinda stupid how their system works. Just becuase some asshole fuck around there I can't use my current e-mail to sign up. I can't sign up for their message boards either. Oh well......

vegeta1215
08-10-2003, 12:50 AM
I think the only reason to get a gamefaqs account is to submit faqs or to submit reviews: their message boards aren't worth it. I glance at them every now and then, usually for a good laugh, but many questions asked in the message baords are answered in the faqs anyways. Lesson of the day: read just the faqs.

Anyways, that is pretty screwed up, I've never heard of anything like that before.