PDA

View Full Version : For all Mario fans that havn't heard.....

Linkafier
08-06-2003, 09:38 PM
Classicgaming.com has told us that a Super Mario RPG 3 is to be released.The release date is unknown,and there are no screenshots yet.The only proof is a small conversation taken from a magazine.Check out the website to find out more.

Super Mario RPG (Legend of the seven stars) blew gamers into a whole new world.

Super Mario RPG 2 (Paper Mario) was a devastating sequal to the star adventure.

What does RPG 3 hold in store for us? You're going to have to wait and find out :p

EDIT: looks like I told you about the wrong website :laughing: Go to the real website by clicking here (http://www.classicgaming.com/sotss/).Go down through the updates until you see the one headlined "Can it be true?" ;)

Grasshopper
08-07-2003, 12:36 AM
Might turn out cool. Intelligent Systems developed Paper Mario. Are they making M&L? Good to know that M&L isn't RPG3

vegeta1215
08-07-2003, 02:28 AM
The news article right above the one you mentioned says there isn't going to be an Super Mario RPG 3, only Mario and Luigi.

If there were going to be a SMRPG 3, I think we would've heard something, esp Nintendo Power subscribers.

mike5000
08-07-2003, 02:40 AM
I had NO IDEA that Paper Mario was officaily RPG2???

Grasshopper
08-07-2003, 10:05 AM
Boy, looks like we didn't pay attention to well.:laughing: So anywho, I wonder if Mario & Luigi is made by Intelligent Systems.

mike5000
08-07-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Grasshopper
Boy, looks like we didn't pay attention to well.:laughing: So anywho, I wonder if Mario & Luigi is made by Intelligent Systems.

Well sorry for not being an 'in the loop mario fan' But when I saw the paper mario box in the store, It looked like a peice of shit, and did not say Mario RPG2 all over it!

http://www.edutainingkids.com/reviews/n64papermario.jpg

Mak-X
08-07-2003, 12:54 PM
After Super Mario RPG was made, Nintendo in Japan ran some ads looking for staff for the next Super Mario RPG game which basically became Paper Mario, only without Square developing it this time. For previews I think it was refered to as SMRPG 2 until it got the name Mario's Story or Paper Mario. I kinda thought Mario and Luigi would be considered SMRPG 3. I never ended up playing Paper Mario but I need to someday, oldschool Mario look and and looked good from what my sister played. I didnt' exactly like the look SMRPG 2 was taking for its style at first compared to SMRPG I guess, similar to how I got disappointed at first when the new Mario game was SW2: Yoshi's Island, which is another game I've been meaning to get around to playing that I didn't play much before.

Maverick_Zero
08-07-2003, 01:05 PM
I liked Paper Mario, it was no problem beating it, unlike Super Mario RPG which has some incredibly hard boss fights. I had trouble with one fight in Paper Mario.

And back when I got Nintendo Power I remember seeing a screenshot for then Super Mario RPG 2, and I though it looked kinda cool, but when Paper Mario came out, I though it was kind of dumb. I rented it at the suggestion of a friend and ended up liking it. It's far more simpler then the original, but I do reccomend giving it a try.

gameguy032
08-07-2003, 04:47 PM
I checked my two latest Nintendo Powers and didn't find any name for anybody making. I went to the official English Nintendo website (I know, I hate it too), and I think it's called Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Nintendo is the publisher in this case. Doesn't say who's actually making it though.

KJAZZ
08-08-2003, 01:13 AM
I'll likely get Mario and Luigi when it comes out. And I played both Mario RPG and Paper Mario. I enjoyed them both. I hope the GBA one turns out to be good as well..

idontknow
08-09-2003, 01:56 PM
there should be a "Super Smash Brothers RPG", where the main story mode is an rpg adventure--you're mario & you go off on an adventure & at the start of the game, you can only fight as him, but then, by performing certain tasks, different characters join you, and when they do, you can play as them in the "smash mode" (which would be just like the multiplayer mode in "SSB") There could be link, captain falcon, yoshi, luigi, peach, kirby, ganon, bowser, wario, & more & they each have unique attacks/abilities in the rpg game--that would be something worth buying

Sephiroth
08-10-2003, 09:17 PM
I saw some screens and Mario and Luigi looks horrible. As of this post, VEL's avatar is a Mario and Luigi screenshot. I know, I think it sucks too.

Linkafier
08-11-2003, 02:25 PM
Sorry for not posting all weekend I was visiting relatives.Anywho, ya the graphics on Mario and Luigi look VERY similar to the graphics on Paper Mario.Gawsh! I REALLY would suggest using the SMRPG graphics.But, the PM graphics are nice.Paper Mario wasn't a bad game either,but easy ;)

Ian
08-11-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by idontknow
there should be a "Super Smash Brothers RPG", where the main story mode is an rpg adventure--you're mario & you go off on an adventure & at the start of the game, you can only fight as him, but then, by performing certain tasks, different characters join you, and when they do, you can play as them in the "smash mode" (which would be just like the multiplayer mode in "SSB") There could be link, captain falcon, yoshi, luigi, peach, kirby, ganon, bowser, wario, & more & they each have unique attacks/abilities in the rpg game--that would be something worth buying

:odd: What are you talking about, no there shouldn't. SSB was made for melee combat, it would be a horrible RPG.

I really liked PM. It was really interesting, with a great concept, I can only hope the M&L will be just as good (but hopefully better)