PDA

View Full Version : Question about wallmasters

Sephiroth
08-06-2003, 08:47 PM
I would like to know if it is possible to have wallmasters in a dungeon take you to a different dmap. is it possible? I would like it to where the wallmasters send you out of the dungeon and onto the overworld.. Thanks in advance. :p

Ganonator
08-07-2003, 01:53 AM
yes it is possible.

Have the room right before the dungeon entrance only obtainable by a entrance/exit warp (i.e. the green square) then, make all of the warps into the dungeon blue squares (i.e. insta warps)... i'm not 100% positive this will work, but i think it will...

Sephiroth
08-07-2003, 02:25 AM
Can you ummm re phrase that in laymun's terms? the floor takes up a whole 8x8 dmap and I can't do it that way.. grrr..

ShadowTiger
08-08-2003, 12:06 PM
What do you mean by 8x8 Dmaps? you mean that it takes up 8 Dmaps, and 8 screens on each?

The way I would do this is enter a Dmap dungeon from the south, and then go north a screen to get away from the southern Exit/entrance warp, and then have a northern warp take you to an identical dmap with a different continue point. I wonder if this works.

Sephiroth
08-08-2003, 12:40 PM
No, My dungeon fills up a whole dmap of 64 rooms. which means that I can't have that happen
GRRRR

idontknow
08-08-2003, 12:43 PM
ya know the suggestion regarding the new wallmaster enemy that takes you to the tile warp destination, rather than the beginning of the dungeon? i think we should have that, this way, we don't need to worry about trying how to do this otherwise--ya know? we should also have something like this for the wizzrobe-wind, where the wind takes you to the tile warp (or maybe even the side warp) destination rather than the start of the dungeon