PDA

View Full Version : Aaagh!

idontknow
08-05-2003, 05:57 PM
i'm having sooo much trouble making a simple custom boss--i grasp most of the concepts for making a custom boss, but one thing i don't understand is that i must constantly be walking in order for the screens to cycle--i have floor combos that cycle very quickly into pit warps & have set insta-warps from one screen to the next so that the boss appears to be animated & appears to be attacking link appropriately--however, link must be moving order to instantly warp, thus the animation does not run smoothly & thus it is very frustrating! also, how do you make it so that when you hit the boss, link is sent to a seperate room, or loop of rooms where the boss appears to be dying or dead? i really don't see how this is possible since the tile warp is already used up in making the loop of screens...any help would be much appreciated!!!

Ganonator
08-06-2003, 12:56 AM
alright.. i can explain this as best as possible... don't make the boss animation require the player to always move. Using combo animation, you can accomplish most of this.

Secondly, for the 'hurt' part, each attack moves link to the next tierred area - so you hit the enemy, and you go to an identical series of screens, but the enemy is losing one thing of 'life' or whatever.

C-dawg can explain that much better than I can.