PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP ASAP!!! (Metal Gear Solid PC)

bonegolem
08-05-2003, 05:32 PM
I just got Metal Gear Solid for PC and I have encountered some really bad problems! The major problem is whenever I'm fighting Liquid in the Hind on top of the towers, it plays for about 10 seconds and then crashes! I get this window that says "MGS has encountered a problem and needs to be shut down. We are sorry for the inconvinience." Also on the VR missions if I fail a mission it crashes and the game just stops. I'm using a Windows XP if anyone knows how I can stop the errors plz tell me!

Mak-X
08-05-2003, 06:07 PM
All I can suggest is to check the publisher's website for bug fix patches.

TedHead
08-06-2003, 01:27 PM
Whoa... there is a Metal Gear Solid for PC?!?!

I'm off to Ebay! :D

bonegolem
08-06-2003, 06:28 PM
Ok I solved the bug problems. Seems if the game runs in too high a resolution it won't play right. Now I have a new problem. I'm in the control room where you put in the 3 PAL keys. I get to the part where Liquid fills the room with gas and Otacon says "Ok I'm opening the door!", but the door that leads outside stays shut! I know it's not just a gameplay trick because everyone on the codec is saying "come on snake the door's open" when it isn't! I'm so frustrated anyway if anyone knows how i get past this or if anyone knows where i can get patches for bugs online, please help asap!

TedHead
08-06-2003, 10:17 PM
Try and find some walk through walls cheat for this or something if you keep getting bugs. Then just walk through the door!

Or look for a Game Trainer for it if no codes exist. I think that would do the trick.

Maverick_Zero
08-06-2003, 11:07 PM
I just put on the gas mask and crouched down and waited, but that was for the psx. Do you have the gas mask? You may need it to wait that long.

bonegolem
08-07-2003, 10:16 AM
It's not that i can't get through the gas, i can handle that just fine. But it shows the scene where Otacon says "Snake, I'm opening the door!" and it the camera shows the door and the gas goes off but the door stays shut. I don't think there is a walk thru walls cheat...huh i guess i can just start the game over but it'll take weeks to get to the spot i'm at again. How frustrating.:banghead:

Maverick_Zero
08-07-2003, 01:15 PM
It only takes me a few days to get throug the entire game, but I can't get the good ending with Meryl, which sucks. But nothing in the game really offers any sort of challenge. Except it's impossible to aim in the PSX version without the FPS mode.