PDA

View Full Version : Time to round up some more testers

Cronic
08-04-2003, 05:31 PM
Seeing as no one replied with interest to DN's thread or tried contacting me let's all give this one more shot...

As some of you may know DN is working on a Mac port for ZC so of course only mac users may apply for these spots...

For more info direct from DN: http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73692

Reply here or contact me via PM either here or preferably ZCN.

Melonhead
08-04-2003, 05:34 PM
Are you going to do a linux port eventually?
I've had older version running well, but the tricks I use don't work anymore.

Ideally you would have complete platform independency, but oh well... I'll keep working on the linux situation.

Cronic
08-04-2003, 05:35 PM
That's DN's call... read the linked to thread for more info.

Melonhead
08-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I did. It could be done, assuming he uses configure. Its quiet a bit of extra work, but MUCH less than making it for two flavors. Much easier to use emulators

Cronic
08-06-2003, 03:22 PM
We don't have a lot of Mac users here now do we...

Hmmm....

Blonde799
08-06-2003, 03:26 PM
That, or someone tied them all up, to prevent development of a Mac port, and to make DN continue with the other versions of ZC. Genius, pure genius....:nerd:

Nick
08-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Honestly... most of our ZC users here have Windows... because if they had a Mac... chances are... they wouldn't be here playing ZC or have interest in it. :shrug:

StarFox
08-06-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Nick
Honestly... most of our ZC users here have Windows... because if they had a Mac... chances are... they wouldn't be here playing ZC or have interest in it. :shrug:

I think there are people with Macs that probably want to play ZC. The problem is that most Mac users would probably know little about how the program works and would thus not be the best testers. But somebody needs to test this. The best tester in this case would probably be someone who has both a Mac and a PC, and is familiar with ZC. Although, bringing in new users to ZC to test isn't necessarily a bad idea.