PDA

View Full Version : custom boss

idontknow
08-04-2003, 05:31 PM
i'm working on a custom boss "dragon"--the 'quest' is just two overworld screens & one of them takes ya to the boss--you start w/ 10 hearts & the hookshot--the boss has two attacks: one, lazers shoot straight down from his eyes, causing an explosion when it hits the wall & for the second, large boulders fall when he lands--the attacks keep repeating in that pattern--you have to hit the dragon with the hookshot when his mouth is open--its not great so far, but it still looks pretty good--i'll be releasing it as an example of how to do custom bosses in a lil bit, maybe like tomorrow--any other ideas for it?

EDIT: one of the biggest pains is that in order to go from screen to screen, link has to continuously be walking, even though the floor combos cycle to pit combos after a very lil bit, so that the dragon should seem to quickly be animating but it only works while link is walking--anyway to fix this?

Linkafier
08-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Wow short quest :laughing:

idontknow
08-04-2003, 11:58 PM
its not a quest really, its just an example of how to do custom bosses--hopefully it'll be kind of helpful :)

Majin_Tobias
08-05-2003, 07:07 PM
I can't really help you on that one.........sorry. I had a similar problem once, but any info I give won't help.

Linkafier
08-05-2003, 07:13 PM
Can't wait to tear that "Dragon" apart :p

zerox
08-15-2003, 09:46 AM
i was wondering if you ever got around to posting about that dragon that you made for an example of making a custom boss because i could really do with some help in that area as i am planing to do a majoras mask remake and i have to copy the bosses from the game thanks... o and that compilation txt file is kick-ass!

Sephiroth
08-15-2003, 10:36 PM
Yea, I would like to have some custom bosses in my quest also. I would like to use one per floor of my level 9 (20 floors)

C-Dawg
08-16-2003, 12:21 AM
Good luck with that, kids.

-C

lord_jamitossi
08-16-2003, 05:53 PM
i've got a cool boss that needs the lens of truth to beat, but my comp's down, so i can't really show it. it's really neat, though.
it's kinda glitchy though. here's a rundown of it...
you're in a super-foggy room. you can't see anything under the fog unless you use the lens of truth. it rotates around about 5 screens, each having about 6 "trigger zones" where if you step on it, a hand tries to grab you. it's supposed to look randomized. stepping in a "trigger zone" warps you to a second page from which you warp back to the first if you don't go fast enough. you have to use the magic rod in the direction of the hand, and, if successful, you are warped to a 2nd reel of 5 screens. repeat 3 times, and you've beaten the boss. it's really bad-looking right now, but i'm (or i was... stupid computer...) re-doing the tiles to make it more realisitc.
and good luck with the dragon!