PDA

View Full Version : Hiatus...

AtmaWeapon
08-04-2003, 02:32 PM
The past 2 weeks have been pretty rough on me. I won't elaborate, but the kicker was when I stayed up until 3AM removing the Bugbear virus from my computer. When I tried to tell mom that morning what had happened and why I installed a virus scanner, she yelled at me and told me it was her computer and she could put a virus on it if she wanted. Whatever. I woke up this morning and found she had uninstalled the scanner. Whatever.

Anyway, sitting at this computer is no longer a pleasant experience for me. It means I have to sit close to the family room, which means I'm vulnerable to verbal attacks from my mother because I am close to her. We just went on a 3 day New Orleans vacation that she ruined because of a power trip. I'm about to leave for a 7-day trip to Ohio with my father. It's a trip I don't want to go on, but I have to because he'll be disappointed if I don't go. My girlfriend is pissed at me because I'll miss her first day of school as a senior, which I don't understand as I wouldn't have been able to go to school with her. Whatever. I'm spending all my time packing for college and praying that my mother will forget I'm in the house. I need a break from everything right now...

I'm not leaving AGN, I'm not giving up on anything. I just won't be here until the 20th or so, when classes start. Hopefully my g/f will not "need to hear my voice" long enough that I can get on the internet. I'm going to try and fix the most recent things on the Member Pages in the next 30 minutes, and then I'm not touching the internet for a few days. I've never felt like this before... nothing I do makes me feel better about my life. It's time to leave this house, I guess.

I feel closer to a few of the members on this board than I do to anyone I know IRL. I made this thread so that they know I'm not avoiding them. I'm probably going to get a few "Nobody cares" type posts and crap like that. Bite me hard. I'm out.

Gerudo
08-04-2003, 02:38 PM
"nobody cares" ;)

we really do, atma, take care, and i hope everything works out for you :thumbsup:

carrot red
08-04-2003, 02:55 PM
Take care, Atma, you'll be missed.:)
The Member Pages can wait.
Don't let them get to you.

gdorf
08-04-2003, 03:25 PM
Bummer man. :-/

Of course we care. Cya in a few weeks, try to enjoy yourself! :)

ShadowTiger
08-04-2003, 03:36 PM
I wish you luck on your long and mildly perilous journey. It can be tough, but remember, ... AGN is a pile of goop without you.

(Quoted from a friend a while ago. ;) )

Ich
08-04-2003, 03:40 PM
I was just wondering where you'd gone. Sent you a new pic for the pages.

SiliconHero
08-04-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon
The past 2 weeks have been pretty rough on me. I won't elaborate, but the kicker was when I stayed up until 3AM removing the Bugbear virus from my computer. When I tried to tell mom that morning what had happened and why I installed a virus scanner, she yelled at me and told me it was her computer and she could put a virus on it if she wanted. Whatever. I woke up this morning and found she had uninstalled the scanner. Whatever.

/me plays back a sound effect of Sheila Broflovski saying "Wha-wha-WHAAAT?"

She actually took the virus scanner OFF her computer? That's extremely harsh, dude. So sorry to hear about that and your other troubles. I honestly don't know whether or not anything I say will help, but hopefully you'll be back at AGN in good spirits in due time. Take care, AtmaWeapon.

Foxy
08-04-2003, 05:35 PM
It sounds like you're having a really rough time, Atma, and I'm so sorry to hear it. I've gotten pretty close to you the past couple of months and I hope you know that you can still, and always, talk to me if you need a listening ear. I really hope things get better for ya! Try to enjoy your trip, because although it may not be where you want to go or who you want to go with, it's still a chance to get away and be out on the road, seeing new things. Look for the good stuff in this (ie. not having to listen to your mom yell at you! ;) ) and let us know every now and then how you're doing ok?

*hugs* Take care of yourself!!

TheGeepster
08-04-2003, 08:05 PM
You'll be missed, Atma. God bless, and get back soon.