PDA

View Full Version : who thinks taht IDK should still make quests?

Knil
08-03-2003, 03:48 PM
ok, here it goes. we proly all heard that IDK is calling quits on quest making. but as they say, practice makes perfect. just a simple poll to see what ppl feel about the helpful IDK leaving

Blankboard
08-03-2003, 05:05 PM
hes still a great asset to all ZQ newbies.... so what if he cant make quests neither can I.... Ive tried for 2-3 years and havent produced a single quest... but I do MIDIS and Tiles every now and then.... currently Im working on Windwaker items.... I have ruppees.... bombs.... bottles... and boomerangs... so let him decide for himself.... Zquesting should be left to the masters who've worked with ZC since the beggining.... I myself started with 1.84 and have used every version up to 1.92 beta build 182.... and no quest from me....

Nick
08-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Ugh... I hope noone makes topics like this when I call it quits.

I don't remember much... but I do believe he's still sticking around... just not making quests. I honestly believe it is up to the quest maker to make that decision... and not a poll on a forum.

I do realise this is an opinion poll, but the underlying purpose of it is to most likely force him back into it if enough people vote for "no". :shrug:

Knil
08-03-2003, 06:10 PM
no, but i suppose i shouldnt of made a poll.....Sorry IDK....and no, i just wanted to see others opinions on the topic.....someone erase this poll, please???? and sorry again IDK.....

idontknow
08-03-2003, 08:43 PM
haha..no biggie--i didn't see this poll until now & i actually take it as flattering & i don't see it as if you were trying to force me back into quest making--the verdict is, however, that i *MIGHT* finish my current quest & then call it quits, or else i'll feel as though all my hard work was for nothing :( but anyway, i definately will not make any more quests after this, sorry guess. BUT i will still be around to help others & such--peace out

Blonde799
08-03-2003, 08:53 PM
If I got that much attention, I probably would've went back to making quests again.:laughing:

/me dreams about making quests again....

idontknow
08-03-2003, 09:04 PM
if you dream bout making quests, then why don't you?!

Blonde799
08-03-2003, 09:14 PM
Not enough time.:shrug: I guess it was best that I did quit, seeing as how RPG Maker 2 is on its way, and once I get that, the only reason I'll be on the internet is to make a guide for it.:laughing:

Ganonator
08-03-2003, 11:54 PM
I just realized I've never played one of those infamous IDK quests. I guess if I see what he's capable of, i'd definitely have a more educated opinion

Blonde799
08-03-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Ganonator
I just realized I've never played one of those infamous IDK quests.
Me neither. Same goes for me, if I saw what IDk's capable of doing quest wise(everyone should know what I'm capable of, but I don't get as much attention, heh:p), I'd probably vote.:shrug:

Foxx
08-04-2003, 04:52 AM
The current voting numbers on the poll speak for themselves.

But in my humble opinion, IDK asked for this poll to be created by posting a thread stating that he would stop making quests. It seems that advanced tutorial he made (which did look very good) really elevated his status.

Blonde799
08-04-2003, 08:27 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/games4/zcman/advanced.html

While I'm not putting down IDK in any way(his tutorial is pretty cool), it's not too hard to create one(Of course, I've never finished mine yet, and Happyman and IDK are further than me, but they've had more time to make one:)). I'd really like to see the fusion of his knowledge in ZC. Maybe he'll be the one to persuade me to play more quests.:shrug:

ShadowTiger
08-04-2003, 10:06 AM
Yep. If IDK doesn't want to dip his feet into questmaking, then by all means, let him swim in well known waters. :) If he gets bitten by a thread shark like this, he can always grow himself a new foot by making / finishing a tutorial.

idontknow
08-04-2003, 10:46 AM
hahaha!

ShadowTiger
08-04-2003, 11:42 AM
Thank you, Thank you very much. *bows* Not some of my best work, but you deserve it. You've done so much for this humble little Zelda Recreation group, (If it can truly be called that at this point..) that you certainly deserve, at least, the choice of your own future. I mean, how can a poll sway your own opinions when it's YOUR opinions that matter the most? (No offense, Knil. You know what I mean.)

Knil
08-19-2003, 10:48 PM
yep. i just wanted IDK to feel special if the poll went the way i planned (as it did, the ppl left it to IDK) but whichever his path, he should enjoy what he does (thanks IDK for the tutorial, it helps alot!!!)

Demimore
08-22-2003, 08:58 AM
This thread is useless! WHY DO YOU CARE?! IT'S HIS OWN DECISION! If he wants to, he does! Simple as that.

Knil
08-22-2003, 10:43 AM
why do ppl care about anything? im just trying to see what other ppl think on the subject without annoying them in the PM box.

GerrardCapashen
08-29-2003, 10:54 AM
gee, it would be very annoying if everybody would send PM withc rap nobody cares about.