PDA

View Full Version : Rollercoaster Junkie

Sub-Zero
08-03-2003, 12:27 AM
I love rollercoasters...finally, I got to ride Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point.... 0 - 120mph in less than 4 seconds... 420 feet high... it was great!!

http://www.cedarpoint.com/_upload/images/galleries/images/TTD07.jpg

http://www.topthrilldragster.com/_upload/images/ride03_pics/constpics/TTD10.jpg

http://www.cedarpoint.com/images/homepageshow/ttd_RidersUpshot.jpg

Ganonator
08-03-2003, 12:35 AM
the closest coaster to me is Silverton, which is about 20 miles north of Coeur-de-laine, Idaho. As far as that pic.. holy shit. That's a big one. Me likey.

Maverick_Zero
08-03-2003, 12:44 AM
I saw that thing on TV. (I also live in Ohio) that thing is just not safe. sometimes, it'll stop working while you're going up, and you just come back down and they shut the ride down for a while they do diagnostics and stuff on the coaster. And that takes a few hours.

mike5000
08-03-2003, 01:20 AM
All rollercoasters break down or jam alot, I wouldnt let that keep you off it. I am also an Ohio resident but I havent been to Cedar Point in a long time : (

moocow
08-03-2003, 02:11 AM
I haven't been to Cedar Point since the 10th grade, or whenever the Millenium Force came out. It rained all day. It sucked.

That coaster looks scary. I dunno if I'd ride it... lol

inori
08-03-2003, 06:28 AM
The only rides I like are roller coasters and bumper cars. :kawaii:

Nemo
08-03-2003, 08:31 AM
I cant wait to go Ride Top thrill... Too bad it wasnt longer though. Roller Coasters and anything that will make me dizzy... er was that the shrooms...:confuse2:

Sub-Zero
08-03-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Maverick_Zero
I saw that thing on TV. (I also live in Ohio) that thing is just not safe. sometimes, it'll stop working while you're going up, and you just come back down and they shut the ride down for a while they do diagnostics and stuff on the coaster. And that takes a few hours.

Yeah, actually there is a sign when you're waiting in line... it says, "Occasionally a train will not make it all of the way over the hill and will roll back down to the bottom. You should not be alarmed, because the reverse brakes will slow the car down to a stop. I saw it happen once yesterday, I wish I were on that car, because then I'd get to do it again. Anyways, riding coasters has been proven to be safer than driving a car. Top Thrill Dragster is no exception.

Majin_Tobias
08-03-2003, 11:42 AM
Has there ever been a train crash on any modern coaster?

Nemo
08-05-2003, 05:53 AM
Not quite a train crash but had been stuck on a coaster at Darien Lake in Buffalo NY. The lapbar froze so i got to ride it like 10 times. After 10 rides on a wooden coaster... your back tends to hurt.....

Drunken Tiger
08-05-2003, 08:33 AM
I dont like big roller coasters.. I mean i can stand them, but i dont like to.. Just dont like that feeling that youre leaving your seat when you rush downward..... Im a lil baby.. :cry:

Jemsee
08-05-2003, 08:40 AM
Wow that looks like quite a ride.
My daughter was going down to meet friends in St. Louis then go to Cedar Point; she even talked about that roller coaster ride.
Unfortunately she broke her foot and has a cast on for about 2 months. She was heartbroken, she would have left today.
I am so bummed for her.

moocow
08-05-2003, 02:22 PM
I got stuck on the Corkscrew at Cedar Point, in the pouring rain. Oh yeah, that was fun.

ShadowTiger
08-05-2003, 02:34 PM
:odd: That would be. :eyebrow:

That coaster, looks really intimidating.
Let's Do It.
:sb:

Maverick_Zero
08-05-2003, 03:02 PM
I'm not saying it's not safe, I'm saying you can wait in line for an hour and a half to have the ride not go all the way up.