PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Buffets.. yummy

Ganonator
08-02-2003, 06:52 PM
I was going to have a big greasy pizza for dinner, but after reading the thread about pizza places, i decided to go to a chinese buffet for lunch instead.

Why bring this up as a post? Because as I sat there looking across at all of the large, overindulgent gluttons sitting around me, I noticed that none of the chinese people were overweight.

How come? I mean.. come on.. If i was around that food all of the time, i'd look like the michellin man.

Also - they should make a singles chinese buffet - where other single overindulgent gluttons can meet. Sound good?

PS: today's fortune - "You will have all the wealth you need. As your health will be your wealth" I'm sure Confusious would have read that and pondered it for a while...

Master Ghaleon
08-03-2003, 06:29 PM
It would be a new dating concept for a first date.

Chinese food is great, Especailly General Tso's Chicken. Thats like one of my favorite food of all time.

Sub-Zero
08-03-2003, 07:06 PM
Chinese people arent fat because they mostly eat rice and stuff like that, which is about impossible to get fat off of....

Chinese food is my favorite food... However there are like 4 Chinese buffets where I live...I think 2 would have done the job just fine. We have 0 takeout Chinese restaurants since they just demolished my favorite restaurant (Mark Pi's Chinese Express) to place another restaurant in it's spot.

I once got the greatest fortune cookie ever.... it said something like, "You will get very lucky tonight."

moocow
08-03-2003, 07:18 PM
I know, they took out Mark Pi's to put in a mexican place. That pisses me off so bad, I loved the sweet and sour chicken...

/me cries

Blonde799
08-03-2003, 08:23 PM
When you can't enjoy S n' S chicken, life's just not worth living.

/me cries.:cry:

Anyway, most Chinese aren't fat because they work as much as they eat. Some of their fast food restaurants suck too(like Pizza Hut), and there aren't as many of them either, so that factors about 1000 calories out of their wonderful diet.

Fiyerstorm
08-03-2003, 09:28 PM
Asian Buffets own.

I steal the whole basket of eggrolls, lol.

cyberkiller6276
08-03-2003, 09:59 PM
I love chinese and japanese foods sushi: california roll, salmon. i like eggrolls, wonton soup, and duck sauce. we have three or four take out chinese places, a japanese place (next to a gamestop :kawaii:) and thats about it. i wouldnt like to eat asian foods for every meal though :uhoh:

Drunken Tiger
08-04-2003, 06:26 AM
Chinese food sucks if you eat it for your whole life... I would play anything to get away from the rice and all those dumpling shits!! :cry:

I just want a McChicken Meal!!!

ShadowTiger
08-04-2003, 03:48 PM
*sigh* Wouldn't we all. Even worse, eat leftovers for all of your life, and you begin to wonder where she's getting all the leftovers from! :eek:

Melonhead
08-04-2003, 04:06 PM
Yeah, but if your gonna have leftovers, Chinese food is the way to go. Other good things: Sushi bars
Try sesame shrimp, or sweet and sour shrimp, or * shrimp.

Questwizard88
08-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Fiyerstorm
I steal the whole basket of eggrolls, lol.

i do that too, cause egg rolls are my favorite chinese food.

redmage777
08-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Lo-mein! California Roll! Pepper Steak (Not sure if its Asian, but I don't care!), Wonton Soup, Egg Rolls, **Get Hungry** Sweat and Sour Shrimp (The Buffet I go too Has some really good stuff) and lets no forget the Oolong Tea!

If you go on the weekend... its all you can eat Crab Legs!

Don't get me wrong, I like Mexican and Italian too!

Drunken Tiger
08-05-2003, 03:18 AM
I prefer Jap food any day... But the problem with that is, those tiny sushi rolls dont tend to fill me up... And they're so expensive here!! :shrug:

Daarkseid
08-05-2003, 04:48 AM
Chinese buffets fucking own! I wish I could eat at them more often, then maybe I wouldn't be painfully yearning for their food such as I am now.

Nemo
08-05-2003, 05:49 AM
I would eat nothing but General Tso's chicken all day! With the occasional egg roll and pork fried rice! Problem is, the female hates chinese ?! go figure....

Linkafier
08-05-2003, 01:35 PM
Good choice for some good eating Ganon.And about your overweight dating idea.It'd be a good sight to see the next time you sit down at a chinese restaurant :thumbsup:

sagelink
08-05-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Sub-Zero
Chinese people arent fat because they mostly eat rice and stuff like that, which is about impossible to get fat off of....

Excuse me? Rice is fattening. Not to get you mad or anything, but check your facts before you post. :) But anyways, I like chinese food. I think its good. Lo Mein is my fave....

Blonde799
08-05-2003, 04:51 PM
You'd have to pack on a lot of rice(sprinkled with butter, sugar, etc.), and not do absolutely nothing for a while, but yeah, you can get fat off it.

Ganonator
08-06-2003, 12:49 AM
about Fiyer stealing all of the eggrolls, we would do that at college on pork eggroll night... we'd go there with our tupperware and sneak out 20-30 of those delicious chinese wonders to our room.. and we never got caught! fuck that actually sounds really good right now...