PDA

View Full Version : N... gage?

SNiPPY
08-01-2003, 11:01 AM
WHAT IS WRONG WITH NOKIA TO THINK THAT THEY CAN MAKE A VIDEO GAME SYSTEM! I've read all about it and I think that it has it's up and it's downs. I'm gonna go voer the pro's and cons real quick. PRO's: It's a cell phone, MP3, FM Radio, and 64-bit Portable gaming system. It has a wireless high-speed internet connection and long battery time, and you get to choose a plan. CON's: It's 300$! AGH!! It has a monthly plan. Those are prety much all of the ups downs, please tell me because I'm seriously considering buying it, and I don't wanna spend 300$ on a POS!

vegeta1215
08-01-2003, 02:12 PM
The N-gage is old news. We had a thread about it a while back. No one thinks it's gonna be any good, including myself.

Gabe from Penny arcade sums it up well: http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2003-05-19

Aegis Runestone
08-01-2003, 03:47 PM
:D

N...gayge? :evil:

*Is an evil little Magi Warrior*

Yoshiman
08-01-2003, 04:49 PM
Wow, where have you been for the past month? The N-Gage is likely to fail. It really has no gaming experience at all (Unless you call "Snake" a good quality game).

Aegis Runestone
08-01-2003, 04:55 PM
N-gage vs. GameCube--> GameCube
N-gage vs. PS2--> PS2
N-gage vs. Xbox ---> Xbox(Now that's sad... ;) J/K XBox fans)
N-gage vs. Game And Watch ---> Game & Watch

Hmmm.....I think there's way more. :)

Majin_Tobias
08-01-2003, 04:57 PM
N-gage VS. Atari > Draw, unless you count E.T.

Monica
08-01-2003, 05:27 PM
Uh uh, Atari has Qbert. Therefore Atari > N-gage :p

Pink_Demon
08-01-2003, 06:02 PM
Everything has Q-bert. Therefore, Everything > N-gage.

Yoshiman
08-01-2003, 10:00 PM
You forgot the GBA. N-Gage will definitley fail there if it puts it's product up against the king of all handhelds, Nintendo.

Blonde799
08-01-2003, 10:36 PM
Playing a PSX quality game on a small screen like that? I wouldn't be able to do it.:p That, and I might accidentally dial 911 while performing Gouki's raging demon technique(those who know of street fighter know what I'm saying).:laughing:

Maverick_Zero
08-01-2003, 10:38 PM
You cannot topple the Gameboy. Greater companies have tried (Sega, SNK) but their hand-helds are often overshadowed by the Gameboy and it's extended "Family" .

SiliconHero
08-02-2003, 12:05 AM
What about the lesser video game systems?

N-Gage vs. Jaguar = Draw. Both have that annoying phone-number button layout.
N-Gage vs. PC Engine (TurboGrafx-16) = inconclusive. No one I know has actually played a PC Engine game.
N-Gage vs. Virtual Boy = Okay, it looks like N-Gage just barely scores a point here, in that you don't have to stick your head into anything to actually play the games.

Vagla
08-02-2003, 05:56 PM
N-Gage vs. Virtual Boy = Okay, it looks like N-Gage just barely scores a point here, in that you don't have to stick your head into anything to actually play the games.

The VB is a fantastic system. I bought one last Christmas, along with 8 games or so, and find it to be simply great. The sense of 3 dimensions is amazing; really, depth does a lot to make the VB a unique experience. And who can forget VB Wario Land? Now that is one kickass game. It's got a ton of secrets and makes perfect use of the console's depth features.

Give the thing an honest try before you bash it. It was a great little system, and it's a shame it never caught on.

SiliconHero
08-02-2003, 06:38 PM
I tried it once at Blockbuster, and I didn't like it. Sticking my head into the VR headset hurt the back of my neck. It would have been cool if I could put the headset on my head without having to sit the system on a table. Oh, well. To each his/her own, I suppose.

Blonde799
08-02-2003, 08:23 PM
That, and it had an eye damage warning with prolonged use. I wouldn't have touched it(that doesn't mean I've never used it). I'm glad it didn't catch on, because there would've been too many cases with it.