PDA

View Full Version : CYOB Contest

idontknow
07-31-2003, 10:10 PM
similar to the CYOM (create your own monster) contest, i've decided to initiate a "create your own boss" contest; here are the following rules:
1. think of an enemy that would make a really cool boss
2. describe the boss in these forums in THIS THREAD! you can ask questions & talk about this contest here as well, but all entries must be posted here
3. included in your entry must be:
--name of the boss/monster/enemy
--description (what it looks like, its attack, etc.)
--tile size (2x2, 1x4, 5x3, etc.)
--how it is killed (3 bombs, 6 strikes of the hammer, 20 hits w/ wooden sword, etc.)
--any other information you might have
4. pictures of what the boss tiles might look like are optional but recommended--might help ya out a bit
5. there will be 4 judges that will PM me & tell me what they feel of each entry, rating each one from 0 to 4, which is the number of points awarded to those entries (so each entry can have up to 16 points from the judges--up to 4 points a pop)
6. in addition, there will be a bonus of 4 points to the person who's boss is voted for in a poll (once all entries are in & everything is configured, i will make a poll in the seperate thread containing the top 5 or 6 entries awarded the most points from the judges; for ONE WEEK, people will have a chance to vote) at the end, the person with most votes for their boss will be awarded 4 additional points; person with most points out of a possible grand total of 20 will be the winner
7. entries will be accepted now, but not judged until later..get started! and good luck!!! :)

Blankboard
08-01-2003, 12:23 AM
Name:Sentaur(s)

http://www.members.aol.com/blankboard/images/sentaurboss.bmp

Size:32x32 bits OR 2x2 tiles-32x96 bits OR 2x6 tiles

Information:A mix between A Gohma and a Statue. Comes in packs of 3, a left, right, and/or center statue. Acually 4 bosses in one.... [Left, Right, Center, or all three]

Attacks:Firestorm-Shoots 3 fireballs at a time

Stratagey:Shoot Sentaur in the eye when it is open. After Sentaur is hit with 5 normal arrows the base will open where you deliver the final blow with a bomb.

idontknow
08-01-2003, 11:48 AM
nice! :)