PDA

View Full Version : New AGN Chat: #armageddon

Tsukuru
07-30-2003, 07:52 PM
The new unofficial AGN chat is #armageddon on the very same server, irc.irchighway.net. #AGN is still the official Armageddon Games chat, and this channel is in no way a replacement.

#AGN is a nice chat. The majority of the eminent staff and members go there. I scarcely have a problem with it in any way except for being banned yet again. I mentioned the Breaker vs. Jiggly thread in the presence of the former, and it was goodnight for me. Again, am I complaining about Breaker’s actions? No, it was his choice and I accept that.

So after being banned from #AGN I thought it’d be nice to have a chat that adheres to the same rules as the forums themselves. In no way am I saying #AGN should do so, that’s up to the owners of that channel.

edit: Since the moderators never cease to surprise me, I've changed the topic from GB mode to GD mode, as if it were every really meant for GB. Also I clarified, as cyberkitten pointed out, that this is not the new official AGN chat and that I never meant it to be.

Breaker
07-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Yea, good luck with that.

cyberkitten
07-30-2003, 09:32 PM
eh...you can make whatever chat room(s) you want, but the chat room officially affiliated with armageddongames.net is still #agn. and since this thread doesn't actually contain any bitching, we'll just move it along to general discussion.

Gerudo
07-30-2003, 09:44 PM
thats why i put it in my sig as teh unofficial chat room...

maybe some people wil lbe interested :)

Drunken Tiger
07-30-2003, 09:47 PM
LoL, the politics of #agn rarely bothers me anyways.. I just go in there when im bored... Maybe to catch up with some of the regulars in there...

cyberkitten
07-30-2003, 09:52 PM
yesh geru, i know you didn't say it was official. however, tsukuru was insinuating that it is and that could be rather confusing to the n00bs and/or members with very short attention spans. just clarifiying. let the brooding continue.

Gerudo
07-30-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Drunken Tiger
LoL, the politics of #agn rarely bothers me anyways.. I just go in there when im bored... Maybe to catch up with some of the regulars in there... you arent there enough anyways DT :laughing:

Originally posted by cyberkitten
just clarifiying. i see your point, kitty. :)

Zaphod Q. IX
07-31-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by cyberkitten
...and since this thread doesn't actually contain any bitching, we'll just move it along to general discussion.
/me shakes his head.
Well, it looks like part of it's headed back there:

Originally posted by J.J. Maxx
Good idea! Breakers a dick 99.9% of the time. The other 0.09% he's idle. :thumbsup:

Flaming outside of General Bitching, Mr. Maxx? Very uncharacteristic of you. :(
You anything else like this, and i'm gonna cry.

/me is sad now

This is your warning. Please don't do it again.
-_-

BTW, i intend to check out the new chat room tonight when i have some time. ;)

EDIT: The offending posts can be found here (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?threadid=74520) .

The Savior
07-31-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Zaphod Q. IX
Flaming outside of General Bitching, Mr. Maxx? This is your warning. Please don't do it again.

Erm, Mr. Maxx hasn't posted in this thread....

[edit] I see now. That post was split into GB.

J.J. Maxx
07-31-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Zaphod Q. IX
Flaming outside of General Bitching, Mr. Maxx? Very uncharacteristic of you. :(
You anything else like this, and i'm gonna cry.

/me is sad now

This is your warning. Please don't do it again.
-_-

EDIT: The offending posts can be found here (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?threadid=74520) .

I'm sorry. I was only kidding. Sorry Breaker.

Good idea! Breakers a dick 99.9% of the time. The other 0.09% he's idle. :thumbsup:

What I meant to say was that Breaker can sometimes be a little.. um.. not-nice? And he has little tolerance for immaturity and newbies. That's what I *meant* to say.

Again, my apologies to everyone I offended and I hope someday you can forgive me. :thumbsup:

Gerudo
07-31-2003, 09:14 PM
:laughing: i dont think you offended anyone as much as broke a simple rule, JJ, i would beleive you easily forigiven... :) as far as your comments, they are well documented

anyways, this channel is gettign a little bit more activity than at first, so, go ahead and join both #agn and #armageddon... it'll be fun! :thumbsup:

DarkPanther
07-31-2003, 10:03 PM
wtf.... my post was "offensive"?

...someone actually took me seriously?

....fuggina'.

You higherups have odd judgment sometimes.

Tsukuru
07-31-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Breaker
Yea, good luck with that. Thanks, you should join us. Anyone from the boards is welcome ... ;)

J.J. Maxx
08-01-2003, 12:20 AM
Well, from the looks of things it seems like the ops outnumber regular chatters by 9:5. Thats probably not a good thing. Also, it seems all the same people who are ops in #agn are ops in #armageddon. So it seems the only way that this chat is different than the regular chat is the fact the Breaker isn't there.

Tsukuru
08-01-2003, 01:00 AM
Well, from the looks of things it seems like the ops outnumber regular chatters by 9:5. Thats probably not a good thing. Also, it seems all the same people who are ops in #agn are ops in #armageddon. So it seems the only way that this chat is different than the regular chat is the fact the Breaker isn't there. Indeed, it went a little overboard with the ops earlier today. I don't think we need that many ops in there, although I do believe they are all respectable and trustworthy enough. The ones on the access list (auto-op) are JJ, Mooie, and Starkist.