PDA

View Full Version : tutorial additions

idontknow
07-31-2003, 01:08 PM
i was wondering if anybody, specifically those that have read all of my tutorial, know of anything i could add to it--honestly, more than making quests myself, i love figuring out cool stuff myself or learning how to do cool tricks or use certain things in zquest & then sharing my knowledge with others & helping people out so i wanna sort of gather any last things i could add to the tutorial now--any ideas?

ShadowTiger
07-31-2003, 02:56 PM
Why not a lesson in designing efficient combo pages? :) Or making tile pages tighter but still efficient? Just a thought. Heck, I know I'd read it. :shrug:

idontknow
07-31-2003, 06:33 PM
i don't think i'm quite sure what ya mean--you have any ideas in mind? like do you know how to design "efficient combo pages" yourself or are ya asking? if you mean like having combos grouped by category, such as having all overworld, all dungeon stuff together--then thats easy to do--also, we really don't use combo pages any more--in fact, i'm not even sure i really know how to use them (i know what a combo page is, i think; if ya mean like the different pages of combos that you flip through in the "quest-graphics-combos" menu, but as far as setting what combo pages the screen or dmap uses, then i'm not so sure about that--i thought all screens can use all combos)

Blankboard
07-31-2003, 11:34 PM
I need a good explanation on multiple layer secret combos.... I accidentally did it once.... I made the lit torches be in front of Link but I have a hard time doing it again... **I think** you have to trigger the same combo on layer 0 to trigger all the same combos to the other layers.... but Im probably doin something wrong.... OOHH!!.... and how about a tutorial on making ordered puzzles... ya know like triggering specific triggers in order.... I saw some thing about this QUITE some time ago but I would like a reliable source to come to....

idontknow
08-01-2003, 11:41 AM
ooh! great idea; i'll add a section called "more about secrets" and the subheadings will include "Layered Secrets", "Secondary Flags" and "Puzzle Ideas Using secrets"

question: do you think that i should just add this stuff to the text document (the one you can download from the 2nd link) or add it to the online tutorial as well cuz i don't think many people really look at that (although i might be wrong) its just a pain in the ass to edit the online tutorial with the geocites' web pg creator cuz it takes so long to boot up, edit & save. Plus, lots of ppl say they can't even view that tutorial so i might just add this stuff to the text document

Blankboard
08-01-2003, 02:11 PM
I would do both if I was you.... because I ALWAYS look at the online one.... and a text one would be easier to add to the hard drive if you have limited internet time or dont feel like getting online for help...