PDA

View Full Version : Auto-d/l internet crap!

sagelink
07-30-2003, 08:19 PM
Ok, by the title you can see I'm pissed. Why? Every time I go to a certain website that I don't WANT to go to (example: You go to yahoo.com and meant to click "chat", but a popup comes up and you accidentally click IT, bringing you to another website that auto-downloads crap onto your computer) it auto-downloads crap onto my computer that messes up my system! Right now my mouse is screwey, phone-dialer keeps coming up, and I get pop-up ads when I'm NOT surfin the net. Tell me, is there any free or trial program that can search and delete any unnecessary files of my computer?

I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this, so move if necessary.

Breaker
07-30-2003, 08:24 PM
Google for a program called AdAware. Download/install it and begin scanning your computer.

sagelink
07-30-2003, 08:25 PM
thanks man. your a life-saver.

zora man
07-30-2003, 08:33 PM
Adaware is crap unless you hack it for the full version,get "spy bot search and destroy"its free and alot better.

sagelink
07-30-2003, 08:35 PM
And where do you get this hack?

zora man
07-30-2003, 08:37 PM
You cant discuss that here,but you can always do a google search for it.

SiliconHero
07-30-2003, 09:27 PM
What full version? Ad-Aware is freeware, too, you know. You're probably thinking of Ad-Aware Plus or Ad-Aware Professional.

/me imitates Venuncio from Popful Mail...

"...or, didn't you KNOW that?"

zora man
07-31-2003, 03:57 AM
Well the free ware version is crap then.;p

inori
07-31-2003, 10:54 AM
There's another nifty program that will delete all unnecessary files from your hard drive. It's called "format." Also, there's a device that, when applied to your internet cable, will keep such unnecessary files from ever reaching your computer; that one's known as "scissors."

DISCLAIMER: The preceding post was intended solely as a joke.