PDA

View Full Version : could be a bug???

eatyourneighbors
07-30-2003, 11:29 AM
hey...trying to do something very simple i've done a hundred million times with zquest...just using a tile warp to warp to a dungeon....specifically:

map 1 dmap 0 level 0 overworld screen 40 to
map15 dmap 8 level 11 screen 12.

i'm using a "stairs" combo. the tile warp is set to "entrance/exit". all things are pointing to the right place. yet i end up in a room full of those infamous x's and hearts.

another strange thing is, by looking at the overworld map, wherever its sending me, its definitely not screen 15.

anyone have any ideas what could be up? mind you i've done this a hundred times in this quest so far and had no problems...

ShadowTiger
07-30-2003, 11:34 AM
(BTW, I like your sig. ;) Funny.)

You have to go to the Dmap Editor in the Quest Menu. Find the Dmap you're warping to, and look at that little map on the screen that shows you which dungeon screens you'll be using for the map. There's a little slider under that. Move the slider to where you need to be. Save. Try the quest. If it doesn't match, try it again and move the slider closer to where it should be. Repeat as necessary.

Or, you can kinda force it by just kinda fiddle with the destination numbers until you get the screen you desire. Just be warned, that this doesn't fix the problem. It's just a temporary solution. You will be stuck to where the slider designates is your dungeon.