PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind: Who has it?

Brasel
07-30-2003, 07:44 AM
As, some of you may know, I'm a little obsessed with Morrowind. The game is great, I absolutely love it. I've been playing it since around the time it came out.

How many of you have it and for what system? XBox or PC? And what is your character like?

Name: Tony
Race: Dunmer
Class: Mercenary (User Defined)
Level: 60
Skills at 100: 8 (All armor or weapon)
Skills at 100 not in Major or Minor Skills: 4
Favorite Armor: Royal Guard Set and/or Glass Armor Set
Favorite Weapon: Sunder

linkofzelda1
07-31-2003, 02:50 AM
I have it for XBox and PC, because the XBox version seriously takes 5 minutes to load a savegame, which really pissed me off.

I love that game, though i suck at it. I'm kind of confused what the point is...though so far it has seemed like Asheron's Call, no real point, just a cool game.

Brasel
07-31-2003, 03:23 AM
There is a main story line to follow, you have to talk to Caius Corsades in Balmora to get your first real assignment. When you do, you'll go on quests and missions that lead up to an actual storyline. There isn't much of one in the beginning, but once you get to it, it gets really interesting.

Dragon
07-31-2003, 03:36 AM
Morrowind rules, but my character is nowhere near that strong. I beat the game, became leader of the Imperial Legion, have a house, and did various missions (Guilds and Miscs). There is still so much more to do, and I would like to create a new character, but I have been playing alot of Star Wars lately, so I'm holding off on any more Morrowind until the Game of The Year edition comes out and I can finally try the great expansions PC users enjoy.

linkofzelda1
07-31-2003, 01:37 PM
Call me stupid, but how do you level? I understand it's not the standard kill-monster-get-xp system. Dunno, maybe i haven't gotten that far yet? :confused:

Brasel
07-31-2003, 06:27 PM
You use a skill until it reaches 100. To check that, go to the sub screen and look at the menu in the top left corner.

Dragon
08-01-2003, 04:50 AM
Your overall level goes up after you have leveled up in a few skills. Every time a skill goes up by repeating use, the bar for your overall level goes up. Also, whatever skills you leveled up in between levels determines what attributes go can go up the most when you level up.

linkofzelda1
08-01-2003, 08:43 PM
Yay! I just got the player's guide today!

Bloodstar64
08-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by linkofzelda1
Yay! I just got the player's guide today!

That must be one huge ass guide......

Anyways, I've got morrowind for the xbox and it is quite fun. As I have this thing of forgetting were I was when I last saved I start over alot..... :rolleyes:

Dragon
08-02-2003, 10:57 AM
I can tell you the guide is definately not light reading, or anything like any other guide you will read for a console game.

linkofzelda1
08-02-2003, 03:20 PM
370 pages. Though most of it is explaining every single map area in the game. Anyway, now that i understand how to actually play the game, i'm going to go beat some Vvardenfellic ass! :thumbsup:

Master Ghaleon
08-02-2003, 03:33 PM
I never played the game before. Is it just like a RPG game?

linkofzelda1
08-02-2003, 04:24 PM
Ya, but it's more than just that. It's very open-ended...i really don't know how to explain it. It's really cool. <brainwash>buy it now!!!</brainwash>

Ok. I'm getting really pissed off...In the quest for the puzzle cube or whatever, how do you get it? The guide says it's on "the back bottom corner of a three-tier shelf in the Cells of Hollow Hand." Ok. So I enter the Cell, I kill the dude in there, go to the back shelf, look at the corner--and no cube. What have i done wrong???

Brasel
08-03-2003, 12:42 AM
Check some of the Elderscrolls websites and fan websites, there are a lot of guides explaining that in general I believe.

www.theelderscrolls.com

AlexMax
08-04-2003, 01:27 AM
I have it for Xbox. I just need to find time to play it, as my charactor is only Level 2 as of right now.