PDA

View Full Version : Best sonic editor.

zora man
07-29-2003, 09:47 PM
I was wondering whats the best sonic editor?
I want to finish the "lost"levels in sonic 2.
I've tried soned but it only changes the look...
Any thoughts on my ideah?
Anybody know anything about editing genecyst roms?
:reading:

Maverick_Zero
07-29-2003, 09:50 PM
This is a topic for GGD, isn't it?

As for a Sonic Editor, go to Gaming Universe, they have a sonic program goin' on there. Don't know the name of it though.

zora man
07-29-2003, 10:37 PM
Those all seem to be pc based sonic games,I want to edit the rom file.

Crazy_Link
07-30-2003, 01:04 AM
Like a rom hack?

AlexMax
07-30-2003, 01:06 AM
That is what he is talking about.

However, I think the best best if you dont find a SONIC editor is to hex edit it. There are some documents on how to do it, and from what I understand, Sonic mapmaking is slightly less teduis since the 'blocks' are bigger, but I suggest you find out yourself, if you are interested.

Crazy_Link
07-30-2003, 01:16 AM
Heres the one that I got in the thread about the same question you had.

http://www.shacnet.com/

MottZilla
07-30-2003, 03:58 AM
I've done it before. It's highly impractical to do zora, unless you plan to program your own editor to create the levels visually. You'll also need detailed information on the level data as well as object data so you can insert things, like Rings, Act End Signs, enemys, etc. It's a much bigger deal than you think. There is no magical ZQuest editor. The best chance at a editor that already exists is something called SonED or something which is commercial software and you much BUY to get anything out of it.

zfreak2004
07-30-2003, 08:19 AM
There was one hosted at the SSRG called SonEd, but the SSRG no longer exists. If you can find it, it does some neat stuff though.

zora man
07-30-2003, 11:37 AM
Alexmax I love your website! ^-^