PDA

View Full Version : Hope is Dead

Paradox
07-28-2003, 05:08 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=1&u=/ap/20030728/ap_on_en_mo/obit_hope_20

100 years...

Gerudo
07-28-2003, 06:12 PM
yummy...

edit: watching the 'Bush comments' vid, he really pulled that out of his ass...

TheGeepster
07-28-2003, 06:34 PM
Come now, Gerudo, this is supposed to be about Bob Hope as a sort of sentimental tribute.

Very few men ever achieve the level of reputation and near universal love of the people that Bob Hope achieved. His great talents, kind and humble nature, and spirit of hope will be sorely missed. He was truly a golden monument of a person from a golden era gone by.

Twas said that his greatest honor, in his own eyes, was the title of "unofficial veteran" granted him by men of the armed services, some of whom may recall when he entertained troops as far back as WWII (yes, that long ago).

We who are left are thankful for what Bob Hope left with us, and may God have mercy on his soul. (Amen)

(PS They don't make them like that anymore..)

Jigglysaint
07-28-2003, 06:48 PM
That's okay, I have a feeling that Bob will give Hope in Christ a new meaning.

TheGeepster
07-28-2003, 06:59 PM
I cannot speak for whether or not he found God during his long stay, but it does seem very likely at the least. Nifty quote btw Jiggly.

Jigglysaint
07-28-2003, 07:19 PM
Quote? I made that up on the fly.

Trevelyan_06
07-28-2003, 07:21 PM
A legend has died. It sad that he is gone, but from the sounds of the news article he went peacefully and without a lot of tears. It was simply his time to die. It was nice that he was able to go surrounded by his family and friends.

Jigglysaint
07-28-2003, 07:35 PM
I know this sounds kind of disrespectful, but It's about time! I mean, I know death is't somthing we make light of, but I know that this is just the beginning for him. I just Hope that he will make God laugh as much as he did everybody here.

BTW, I'm not too entirely familiar with his works, but from what I heard he was a great guy. At least now I understand why I drempt about a fumeral last night.

moocow
07-28-2003, 08:06 PM
Only 2 months after his 100th birthday. They sayd that he was determined to reach this milestone in his life before he died.

The world needs more men like Bob Hope, he was truely an extraordinary man. A man who was afraid to fly, travelled over seas to entertain our soldiers in war. A man who lived to see people laugh and smile. He will definitely be missed.

<Edit> Gerudo: Yummy?? Please explain? </Edit>

Maverick_Zero
07-28-2003, 08:32 PM
And he's from Ohio I believe.
Such a great guy, and the second famous 100 year old person to die this year, him and Strom Thurmond.

J.J. Maxx
07-29-2003, 12:08 AM
Sad. He was only a year away from his 70th wedding anniversary too. :(

Eckels
07-29-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
That's okay, I have a feeling that Bob will give Hope in Christ a new meaning.

Am I to understand that Bob Hope has plans to sodomize Jesus Christ, during his stay in heaven?

Rainman
07-29-2003, 12:34 AM
lol Eckels, exactly what I thought when I read that post.

Now, I know Hope was a good man and all, but the news networks are really milking the story beyond belief. Hope deserves more than this media circus surrounding him.

Prrkitty
07-29-2003, 12:34 AM
He was a great man... who led a VERY fulfilling life. Not many people can say they've been married 50+ years... nor that they've lived 100+ years. Bob Hope can :) and did :)

TheGeepster
07-29-2003, 06:21 PM
It's just a shame he's going to be late for his last gig.. *rimshot*

Just a bit of funeral humor, that's all.