PDA

View Full Version : No random clocks

cbailey77
07-28-2003, 05:03 PM
What does the quest rule "no random clocks" supposed to do?

Thanks alot!

Crazy_Link
07-28-2003, 05:07 PM
I think it mean when you kill an enemy its not gonna give out clocks

cbailey77
07-28-2003, 08:07 PM
OK!

Sephiroth
07-29-2003, 02:32 AM
I have the temporary clocks rule on right now, but I've never recieved a clock from an enemy. Why?

ShadowTiger
07-29-2003, 11:33 AM
Because you have the "Temporary" Clocks rule on, not the "No Random Clocks" rule.

Temporary clocks make the clocks that the enemies drop last only a while, not forever in each screen. (Not while on the ground, I mean when you pick it up and "use" it.) Before Temporary clocks, you would have to leave the screen and reenter in order for the enemies to become unfrozen. (Which means wallmasters stuck in the wall would remain stuck, and the shutters would remain closed. I hated that. :sweat: ) With the temporary clocks rule on, the clock would shut off after about.. 7 seconds, maybe? (Maybe.)

The No Random Clocks rule, if checked, ensures that NO ENEMY would EVER drop a clock for you. You would essentially NEVER pick up a clock, unless it was placed in ZQuest as an item beforehand.

I guess the clock item is kinda like a powerup then isn't it. ;)

Linkafier
07-30-2003, 08:43 AM
Clocks are a lifesaver.Especially if your in a room full of Wizrobes.

ShadowTiger
07-30-2003, 11:30 AM
In Beta 182, just hit the "w" key. It'll act just like a clock. (But make sure there aren't any wallmasters in the room. I cannot stress that enough.) And be sure to use it only when you have to. It's all too easy to get used to it. :rolleyes: