PDA

View Full Version : Re: VEL's BS-zelda Remake

Foxx
07-27-2003, 07:46 PM
Whenever I get the map in a level, the rooms don't show up where my dungeon map is. Is this related to the quest version I'm using (beta 182) or is it a bug?

VEL
07-27-2003, 10:21 PM
I think that it happened when I made each level use it's own map, I did this so I could make the level names appear in the same font as BS Zelda used. I'm not sure if it's a bug with ZC or not, but I think I know of a way to make them show. It should be fixed in the next version I release.

Foxx
07-29-2003, 09:33 PM
Okay, nice, thanks. Do you think there's any chance of being able to put in some of the other tricks, like the fairy appearing when you hit that tree on the island with the boomerang, the whirlpool that blocks your way to level 5 until you have level 4 beat, or the (albeit very annoying) whirlwinds that you have to dodge on the way to the white sword?

VEL
07-29-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Foxx
Okay, nice, thanks. Do you think there's any chance of being able to put in some of the other tricks, like the fairy appearing when you hit that tree on the island with the boomerang, the whirlpool that blocks your way to level 5 until you have level 4 beat, or the (albeit very annoying) whirlwinds that you have to dodge on the way to the white sword?

I can't really think of any ways to add any of those (the whirlwinds could probably be done with combo cycling, but it would take forever to set up), but they might be possible to do if stuff is added to ZC.

Sephiroth
07-29-2003, 11:58 PM
You can make a whirlpool that blocks your way by making the sidewarp from the triforce room to a new map where the whirlpool is gone.. but in order to do that, you will need to make a copy of levels 1-4 and all the houses and things.. I did that at the beginning of my tlolahats quest and I got it to where there are darknut standing in your whay that don't move until you get the wooden sword from the test dungeon.. mysterious cave.