PDA

View Full Version : Boss Music and Transforming Boss

Majin_Tobias
07-27-2003, 10:07 AM
I want it so that when the player enters the boss room, the shutters shut, the boss spawns/appears, and boss music plays. After the boss dies, the music stops and the shutters open.

Another thing I want: For a certain boss, after he dies, another form of him will appear.

Again, any help will be appreciated.

lord_jamitossi
07-27-2003, 10:18 AM
simple: have the boss room on a seperate d-map with different music. do a scrolling side warp into his room.
simple: when you kill the boss, secret combo pits appear all over the screen but are identical to the floor tiles. you are warped to an identical screen with the second phase of the boss.

Majin_Tobias
07-27-2003, 12:01 PM
That answers my question, but one thing: How do I get the boss music to stop after he dies? Or, if the player falls to the boss, how can I avoid the boss music playing when he restarts at the dungeon entrance?

Sephiroth
07-27-2003, 02:59 PM
when link restarts the dungeon, you should use pitwarps so that the pit warps would put link back at the entrance of the dungeon with the dungeon music still playing..

C-Dawg
07-28-2003, 11:58 AM
There's a better way.

Have the boss room just done up as a regular room in the dungeon.
Place pit warps that look like the floor all over the room.
Set the Enemies->Secret flag.
Place a "Trigger" enemy.
Set the Dungeon Boss flag.

Now set the tile warp to take link to your boss. You can do whatever you want from here, with mulitiple boss stages or whatever. Eventually, when the boss dies, just set the Dungeon Boss flag and send Link back to the room he started in. Viola. Now when the boss dies, Link will walk through the room with no music.

As for the boss music repeating after Link dies... the easy way to do this is allow link to Continue from the boss fight itself. The harder way is to ensure he continues from a neutral screen that warps him back to the correct dmap.

-C

Majin_Tobias
07-29-2003, 02:27 PM
How do I set a trigger enemy?

Jigglysaint
07-29-2003, 03:33 PM
You select it from the enemy list(must be the first on the list), then you set the boss flag for that screen, and an enemies>secret flag. Then, if have a series of bosses, the last one has the boss flag that will trigger when you beat him, and you go back to the other room, and you can pass though the room normally as if nothing is there. There are a screen flag to disable the secret sound, so use that if you don't want the player to know he is being warped.

Majin_Tobias
07-29-2003, 07:25 PM
Thanks for all of your help.

EDIT: It doesn't work. I enter the room with my three Moldorms and two statues, and there is no boss music. I fell to the boss because my health was gone. Then I re-enter the room and there is no boss. I warp into an empty room with a heart container, and keep warping over and over whenever I move. I could be doing it incorrectly. Let me try again.

EDIT 2: Ok, I give in. Could somebody please download my quest at http://members.dandy.net/~atthebay/Inherit.qst , and edit it so my boss room works right, and I can view what has been done and not beg you again? (The quest is unpassworded, the boss room contains sand and two stone statues.)

It's so confusing, and I don't even know _why_ it will work or how it work.

Jigglysaint
07-29-2003, 07:43 PM
Try setting the kill all bosses rule on and see if that works.

As for your other problem, welcome to the wonderful world of bugtesting, expec tthat a lot. The true ability is figuring out how to correct your mistakes.