PDA

View Full Version : question about dungeons

lord_jamitossi
07-27-2003, 09:44 AM
hi. i'm making my own dungeon tiles but i've come across a large snag. i'm trying to make the whole screen look like a platform and instead of walls there's something that looks like a swamp. it's pretty cool looking, except that (i havn't tried this yet but going by past experiences i'd realized that this would be a problem) link will walk under the floor around the outer rim instead of over it. is there any way to reverse this?
so, pretty much what i'm asking is if there's any way to make it so that the dungeon screens don't have overhead tiles around the sides. does using freeform help? right now i'm in regular mode but i can very easily change.

idontknow
07-27-2003, 11:40 AM
yep, freeform dungeons is the way to go for you--checking the quest rule "freeform dungeons"
eliminates the overhead outter border so that link no longer walks under the perimeter of the
room in any dungeon dmaps--so, if you do want link to walk under doorways with this rule still
checked, then whenever you need to have overhead passages, simply make those combos the "overhead"
type-also, link will still automatically emerge beyond the invisible border when he enters a new
screen...hopes this helps! :)

lord_jamitossi
07-27-2003, 01:19 PM
chill. thanks IDK!