PDA

View Full Version : is there any way to...

eatyourneighbors
07-27-2003, 05:45 AM
to activate a secret on another screen without creating an entire new map with that secret changed?

for instance, set off a trigger in one room and have it activate a pit warp in another? i know this can be accomplished in a way by using an alternate map, just wondering if there is a way to avoid that?

lord_jamitossi
07-27-2003, 09:31 AM
i think if they're on the same d-map they can use a trigger enemy. except that there can't be any other enemies in either room. put the "kill all enemies" item on the trigger and have the 2 room checked as "boss room". have the enemies->secret screen flag checked and when you enter the room with the warp, it should be activated.
P.S. i don't know if this will work; i have never tried it myself but it's worth a try.

eatyourneighbors
07-27-2003, 03:50 PM
hmmm...tried this, and i seem to remember seeing a post similar to this before, but i can't seem to make it work...can someone shed more light on this?

i've created a room with a trigger enemy...set up my actual "event trigger" as a "kill all enemies" item. on the screen i want to affect, i've made it a boss room and have made a secret combo 16 flag that should (?) appear when the kill all enemies item is picked up in that first room???

both are on the same dmap and the same level number. is this a lost cause or is there more i still need to do?

thanks
-------------------------------------------------

nevermind, i figured it out (smacks head)

for those of you looking to do something like this in the future...

make room 2 a boss room, make the trigger enemy in THAT room, and the kill all enemies item in the room in which you want that secret to be triggered from. it all makes sense now. haha.

peace out.

Ganonator
07-27-2003, 06:24 PM
the above will only work if you kill the trigger enemy in the first room. I do this with a kill-all-enemies item in my quest.

Make the second room have the enemies > secrets checked, and fix that room so when activated, your pit occurs.

on a variation, you can have the first room be full of monsters or whatever, and as long as you kill them all, and have Dungeon Boss checked in the enemy flags, it will work fine.