PDA

View Full Version : No Music...

wardrich
07-26-2003, 11:47 PM
<hr size=1><b>Operating System:</b> Windows XP<br><b>Zelda Classic Version:</b> unknown DOS<hr size=1>Im not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not... anyway, I downloaded the game from www.the-underdogs.org, and there is sound, but no music in the game. Im not sure if this is a bug, or if there just hasn't been any music added to the game yet.

-Richard-

Cloral
07-27-2003, 02:04 AM
It means that you haven't configured the sound system properly, or your sound card isn't supported by Allegro. Go into agsetup.exe and try the 'mpu-401' for your midi driver. That setting seems to work best for most people.

This isn't really a bugs issue, so I'm going to move it to ZC Discussion. BTW, since you downloaded this from a different site, you surely don't have the latest version. Check the frozen threads in this (ZC Discussion) forum for a link to the latest version (which includes a ton of new features). Also, the latest version comes in both a DOS and Windows variety. XP doesn't seem to like DOS very much, so if you get the Windows version, you might find things fixing themselves for you.

redmage777
07-27-2003, 10:32 AM
Yes I use Windows XP, 1.90 didn't have music. When I upgraded, the music worked just fine...

wardrich
07-27-2003, 11:35 AM
i feel like such a dumbass asking this stupid question, but uh, where can i find the newest version of the game? I found v 1.9 of www.the-underdogs.org I shall keep lurking around this site for it tho, and eventually (if worst comes to worst) searching for it.

-Richard-

wardrich
07-27-2003, 11:41 AM
nevermind, i searched for it and found it. Im downloading it now... -yay-

-Richard-

wardrich
07-27-2003, 01:50 PM
ok, so i got the 3meg file from the mirror site, and now the game wont run at all... has this ever happened to anybody else?

Majin_Tobias
07-27-2003, 02:17 PM
You need the support patch/archive. You can find it by peeking around on the forums.

Also, please don't triple post. If you fixed your problem or need additional help, edit your post.

wardrich
07-27-2003, 02:47 PM
actually, that isn't a triple post. A triple post would mean 3 consecutive posts in which are identical. I shall edit them from now on though.

As for that support patch/archive thingamadoo, i shall look around for it. Thanks.

-Richard-