PDA

View Full Version : boss keys and new subscreen...

eatyourneighbors
07-26-2003, 10:58 PM
hey everyone. using build 182 ... dont know much about the lock blocks though....searched through the forums cause i'm sure its here but can't find it...how can they be used? i'm certain they have something to do with the dmap number etc...just dont know how to impliment them.

also, i figured the rule to use the new subscreens would be in the rules menu but i can't seem to find it...help!

thanks

idontknow
07-26-2003, 11:18 PM
the new subscreen is actually available on the last pg of the "init data" menu (under the "Quest" heading) there's a drop down option for subscreen type--revision 2 is the latest subscreen type that features the boss key, as well as a 5X4 items box to include the 3 spells (only din's fire is implemented but all 3 items will show in the last column of the weapons box)

As far as the lock blocks, all lock block & lock block 2 combos on the same screen open at the same time--when you step onto a lock block combo and you have at least one key, one key will be taken from you & all lock block & lock block 2 combos perminantly change into the next combo in your list of combos. All Boss lock block & Boss lock block 2 combos likewise open together on the same screen when link steps on the boss lock block combo and has the boss key--however, once link has the boss key for that dmap's level #, then all boss lock blocks on any screen with the same level # can be open with the boss key without the boss key being taken away
--need more help? check out my tutorial for details (the link is in my signature below)