PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda: The Inheritance Demo!

Majin_Tobias
07-26-2003, 05:05 PM
After awakening Zelda with the power of the full Triforce, Hyrule entered a time of peace. Most of Ganon's minions went into hiding. The Triforce was again split into three pieces: Power, Wisdom, and Courage. Power was stored deep within Hyrule Castle, while Wisdom went to Zelda and Courage went to Link. Link and Zelda were married, and they had a son who they named Link (the IV). Peace continued for a good 10 years.........
Then, an unseen assassin murdered the older Link in the night. The Triforce of Power was also stolen on the same night.........

Link was buried in a tomb in an island off the shore of Hyrule. Rumors began to spread that Ganon had returned. 10 days after the tragedy, Zelda herself was taken. The ever aging Impa told young Link the following:

"Your father's death was for the soul purpose of reviving Ganon. His blood was sprinkled on Ganon's ashes, and he has arisen once more. If you ever hope to kill him then you must recover the Triforce of Courage, which has scattered across the island where your father's tomb is, waiting for a new bearer. You must also recover the Ocarina of Time, the legendary Silver Arrow, and the Master Sword. Once you return, you must infiltrate his new tower on Death Mountain. Hyrule is counting on you."

http://members.dandy.net/~atthebay/Inherit.qst

Unfortuantely I did not take any screenshots. The demo includes the first level, no further. To EVERYONE who downloads please point out bugs/solutions and make suggestions for areas that could be better.

Arathorn21st
07-26-2003, 05:39 PM
Overworld
-Very bland. I walked through two screens of the OW that were exactly the same, save for enemies. Add palm trees and other objects for interest.

Shore Cave
-In rooms that are smaller than others (e.g. the compass room) fill in the black space with the speckled tile that borders the brick walls.
-Bug: When coming out of the empty item room (is it supposed to be empty?) Link spawns on a block.
-Major Bug: The warp to the Vire room should be a scrolling warp! Link just spawns in the upper left corner.
-Again, too bland.

I assume that the Vire room awards the player the boss key, so I couldn't clear Level 1.

Majin_Tobias
07-26-2003, 06:01 PM
What's the bug? Or you couldn't kill the Vires?

Arathorn21st
07-26-2003, 08:04 PM
The bug is that the side warp from the room below the Vire room should be "scrolling warp" instead of "entrance/exit." Because of this, Link is stuck in the top-left wall and he can't use his sword or any other weapon, nor can he exit.

Majin_Tobias
07-26-2003, 09:23 PM
I'm fixing that right now. Any suggestions on what to put in the dungeon to make it less bland?

Arathorn21st
07-26-2003, 10:51 PM
Okay...
http://arathorn21st.netfirms.com/zelda013.bmp
This is the only dungeon screen of mine that I have uploaded, so it's pretty bad compared to other ones. Notice the wall decorations (snakes and torches) as well as slashable skulls that are the slash-item combo. Also, if this room was to have enemies, the Ganon statue and pillars would make a Darknut fight much more interesting than a square 12x7 room. The best things to add, in my opinion, are rooms with odd shaping (i.e. a wall jutting out into the middle of a bland room. Hope that helps! :ooh:

Majin_Tobias
07-27-2003, 12:42 PM
It would help except for one huge problem: The dungeon set I'm using is from the 182test.qst, and it doesn't include slashable skulls, or the T-Force design. Also, the torches on the sides are not there. May I have a link to that combo set so I can grab from it?

Arathorn21st
07-27-2003, 08:39 PM
It's the Pure Tileset: http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&set=18.

System Error
07-27-2003, 08:43 PM
The pure tileset is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too overused. It's overused to death approxemently 739 times. A good alternative is the descendent tileset (and besides, you can't really do green grass to white snow transitions with pure).