PDA

View Full Version : Mini-games. Suggestions and how?

DarkFlameWolf
07-25-2003, 11:23 PM
I'm going to make a town that is supposed to be a fun carnival town of sorts with mini-games. Thing is, I don't want gambling houses to be all there is. So can someone give me suggestions on what mini-games are POSSIBLE to do in the 183 beta version and some in-depth detail on how to pull it off?

Sephiroth
07-26-2003, 12:37 AM
Cloral has a block puzzle mini game in her group quest.. try PMing her for information on how to do that.

DarkFlameWolf
07-26-2003, 11:26 AM
well I need something more than blocks. :P

Blonde799
07-26-2003, 12:30 PM
You could have arrow flags along with darknuts blocking the area for target practice on the flags(make sure link can't kill them). I mean, there are a lot of things you can do, you just need to use your imagination.:)

idontknow
07-26-2003, 05:23 PM
here's some ideas:
1. a variant of what blonde said; except make it so that you can keep triggering the arrow secret by having the secondary flag of the arrow's secret combo be the arrow flag & then, using secondary flags, you can make it so that you need to hit the arrow target x times before a secret treasure chest appears or something--also, using timed warps or cycling pit combos, you can make it so that this task must be done in a certain amount of time
2. another game could be a series of rooms where you must defeat a hord of difficult enemies in order to grab a prize at the end
3. like #2, you could make the series of rooms have puzzles that you must solve, or a combination of puzzles & battles; again, you have the option of making it so that each room must be solved in a certain amount of time
4. you could have rooms where after solving a puzzle or defeating enemies, you get a key--like having an optional dungeon similer to the gerudo training ground (and you must pay to enter each time
5. you could have a "fun house" where in each room, you must defeat a bunch of tough enemies in order for shutters to open, however, a door on 2 of the sides are "fake" and when you go through them, in stead of going to the next room, you warp back to the beginning, via the side warp
--most of the above are similar to one another in some way but just various ways of doing "minigames"--if you want to make it so that you must pay each time you try the game, you could make the entrance screen a "shop" room type, where the item you pay for is a misc1, misc2, or a "kill all enemies" item that looks like a ticket/pass that allows you to play, or it could just be an invisible sprite, if ya want

DarkFlameWolf
07-26-2003, 07:20 PM
I like the arrow one, but how's this.
I want to do a mini-game similar to the one in OOT that is available only at night in the hyrule market town. Where you must decide which chest has the key and which doesn't and its position is random each time. Well instead of treasure chests, I want passageways. But I don't want it to be the same maze path each time. So how could I vary this indefinitely?

idontknow
07-26-2003, 08:39 PM
here's an idea:
1. make the shop so that you have to pay to "play" the minigame
2. on the next screen, make a narrow hallway that links the previously described screen to the screen where the maze path is
3. make a few combos that animate so to 2 or more identical tiles that look like the ground & make these combos cycle to one another--make one of the combos a pit combo & the rest a plain como
4. make x copies of this kind of room, placing the different cycling floor combos in different "patterns" or whatever, where x is the number of possible maze paths
5. have the tile warp of each identical hall warp to each other (like the first hall warps to the 2nd, 2nd to the 3rd, etc. & have the last one warp to the 1st)--have the warp type be insta-warp
6. make identical copies of the maze path room above each of the identical hallways, changing the path for each room--now, make identical rooms after the maze path room & lets call this room "hall2"--make identical copies of this hall & make a side warp to a single "prize" room
7. in each room, except for the entrance/shop room & maze path room, have oneway shutters so that link can't leave & mess things up
8. in the prize room, have a tile warp that either leads link to the entrance of the minigame, or the outside area in your quest that leads to the minigame
9. what should happen is after link pays to play the game & goes into the room with the hall, depending on the game's "clock", the "animated" floor tiles that cycle to the pit combos will be at a dif stage in their animation & depending on if link warps, which the player really has no idea of knowing, since the warp is set to insta-warp, the player could really end up in a different "hallway" which leads to different maze path rooms, with different paths--after the player figures out the maze, he will be taken to another hall & the halls should take link to a prize room where he can collect a single prize, such as a heart piece or whatever

ShadowTiger
07-27-2003, 05:05 PM
I had a clown shop in the beta of FoW, if you still have it. Go check ZCN or something. You should know where it is. It's on screen 11 on map #1. Can't miss it.

The Prophecy also had some examples of minigames.

Petoe
07-27-2003, 05:18 PM
Hmm... This thread has a good timing. I was just about to make some minigames to my quest, but I'm out of ideas currently. Does anyone have any good ideas for a minigame where you have to use the "raft" item?

idontknow
07-30-2003, 02:24 PM
well, you could combine the idea that i suggested for the maze path minigame & then just make lil "islands" that link must reach using the raft--like if the player times does not press the correct direction button in time (while over a raft branch flag) then he will end up at the wrong island & be forced to go throu the wrong door or something