PDA

View Full Version : Everything works, except.......

Majin_Tobias
07-25-2003, 06:51 PM
http://members.dandy.net/~atthebay/zelda003.jpg

Now look at that bull. I can't pass into the next room either. I have upgraded my quest to version 1.92.
I did not draw the damn door myself. What the hell?

(The graphics pack was exported from 182test.qst and imported into my quest.)

I need help yet again.

Tsukuru
07-25-2003, 06:54 PM
The combo for the door is not set to overhead. To set it, go to edit combos (Quest > Graphics > Combos) and look where the tiles for the door passageway that Link is standing on in your screenshot. Set the combo type to 'overhead'. This can also be done by right-clicking the tile in the screen editor.

What? Not confusing at all ... ;)

You can also go to the quest rules and turn freeform dungeons off.

Majin_Tobias
07-25-2003, 07:05 PM
I also can't make the transition between screens, just so you know. However, that might be fixed if I take your advice.

Why would I want to turn freeform off?

Tsukuru
07-25-2003, 07:46 PM
Without the freeform dungeons rule checked, all of the screen edges in dungeons are overhead by default. With it checked, all of the passageways must be set to overhead for it to look like Link is walking under them.

Freeform makes it so that you can have dungeon rooms connected by doors not centered on the edge of the screens, and also connected like overworld rooms (i.e. making one big dungeon room 2x2 screens).

Majin_Tobias
07-25-2003, 08:04 PM
I am still going to need a little help, as Link cannot pass into the next screen. I don't want to uncheck Freeform, so, can you help me out a little here?

idontknow
07-25-2003, 09:09 PM
the combo at the edge of the screen where link should walk under should not only be an overhead combo, but should also be walkable on the lower half of the center door part--(to edit a combo's walk ability-right click the combo & in the editor, click each of the 4 corners of the first grey square to toggle that part's walkability, whether link can walk there) make the lower half of the square grey & the upper half red.

Majin_Tobias
07-26-2003, 10:01 AM
EDIT: During testing, I used a no walls cheat. I discovered I could move into empty screens, but not into ANY room I had created. Hope that helps. I even did what IDon'tKnow told me to. Even turning Freeform off doesn't work.

Tsukuru
07-26-2003, 12:34 PM
It's quite possible your room might be on the edge of the map itself. Could you give us the coordinates of the room in your screenshot?

Majin_Tobias
07-26-2003, 01:02 PM
It turns out that was the problem, but Jigglysaint helped me out on AIM first. Thanks anyhow.