PDA

View Full Version : Still Not Working

Majin_Tobias
07-24-2003, 01:36 PM
That wasn't the shortcut method, but it still didn't work. The shortcut method I speak of is located here:

http://www.casadealphadawg.com/zc/zqtutorial/newadditions/bs-zelda/index.html

If it helps you out, I got the graphics from example_bs1st.qst in that shortcut method and your method. Both resulted in this:

http://members.dandy.net/~atthebay/ScrewedUp.jpg

Any help you can give me would be appriciated. I am using the latest stable release.

Tsukuru
07-24-2003, 01:52 PM
Did you try it using the graphics pack method? In my opinion the graphics pack method is an easier way to do this. It transfers everything you need - tiles, combos, palettes - without one thing else. Also, at the time the tutorial was written graphics packs were not implemented, which beats the conventional method described there into the ground.

Majin_Tobias
07-24-2003, 02:05 PM
By the way, I realize that I accidently posted a new topic instead of replying to the old one. :laughing:

The old forum I used to go to had the buttons differently. Sorry about that.

Yeah, I did try the graphics pack method, as I mentioned above. Still didn't work. Can I have a link to a non-passworded BS Zelda quest that uses the same set of graphics as in example_bs1st.qst? Perhaps the problem is in the quest file's graphics pack.

Edit: I fixed it by copying screen 83 from example_bs1st.qst into screen 83 on my quest. Genius!

Majin_Tobias
07-25-2003, 02:59 PM
That trick worked fine for v1.90 Zquest (points to above edit). However, it seems that 1.92 uses an alternate template. Therefore, doors will not work. Jigglysaint convinced me to upgrade to 1.92, so it's either fix this problem or stick with 1.90. I will indeed stick with 1.90, but I'll be using 1.92 for future quests, so can I have a little help?

Pardon the double post. This topic hasn't been replied to in a while and I'd like to call attention to the new problem.

cbailey77
01-02-2004, 08:23 PM
Use the edit key instead!

Cloral
01-03-2004, 12:29 AM
We also ask that you not dig up 5 month old topics to play rent-a-mod. What's deeply buried can't hurt anyone unless it's dug up first.