PDA

View Full Version : 1st Anual Tile Contest!

Ian
07-23-2003, 06:19 PM
If you read the other thread (Here (http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=860588#post860588)) then you should know mostly everything. If you haven't please check it out. The rules and tidbits are explained there. If you have ANY question at all that isn't explained in the other thread, please PM me or post it.Now without further ado....

For the very first Tile Contest, I want you to make your very own, main character sprite. By main character I don't mean complete with walking and swimming, just a front view of the person. It could be a robot, a pirate, or even Link (but it'd have to be a unique Link to win)

I'd like ALL submitions in by Monday. This gives you 5 days to get those sprites into me. Please PM me a link to your sprite. If you can't find a way to host it, just ask me for my E-mail, and e-mail it to me (and gimme your username in the e-mail, without it, I can't add your entry). Both votes and entries will be annonymous in the voting thread, but once the voting is finished (the voting closes a week after the starting date in every contest, so that means next Wednesday) I'll reveal the winner. If all goes to plan, I hope to have at least 3 or 4 entries (I'd still like more though)

I won't be entering my own, and I won't be voting this time around. I'll inform you if I enter the contest, or if I vote in the future.

Now get spriting!

Ian
07-25-2003, 11:08 PM
Well It's been 2 days, I've gotten 3 entries and I've gotten word that another is on it's way. You still have three days left, but if your gonna enter, try to get them to me ASAP, cause I need something to do.

What I will probably do for the winners is make a small sig trophy of the sprite/tile the winner made, just for recognition. Hopefully, in the next few weeks we'll get some more people to enter, and get some interest in this contest.

System Error
07-26-2003, 07:38 PM
It sounds good, but I'll probably wait until something my style comes along. :p

Ian
07-28-2003, 08:23 PM
Well I doubt I'm gonna get any more entries by tonight. I got three, which is not bad for a first round. I'll Get the images up now, and get the voting started.