PDA

View Full Version : won't work

Mysterious1
07-23-2003, 03:56 PM
ok i'm really lost now!, I was using both 1,90 & 163 with no problems, then they just stopped working , I get error invaid file, any ideas why

ms_zelda_lady
07-23-2003, 03:59 PM
Maybe your system has a virus inside eating up your zelda files. I hope not but you should run your anti-virus program just to be sure.

ms_zelda_lady

VEL
07-23-2003, 04:41 PM
--Moved to ZC Discussion--

One thing you could try is restarting your computer.

Tsukuru
07-23-2003, 04:42 PM
Try uninstalling and reinstalling ZC. I also suggest, as always, to use the latest public beta 182. Betas are buggy enough, but the latest one is the most functional.

Originally posted by VEL
One thing you could try is restarting your computer.That one always cracks me up when I spend an hour trying to fix a problem, then like magic a reboot fixes it. It should probably the first thing you do when you have any problem.

Zelda_Warrior
07-24-2003, 10:26 AM
I say look at your files and see if any of these are missing

zelda.dat alleg41.dll zgp.dat Zquest .exe Zelda.exe 1st.qst

2nd.qst 3rd.qst ag.cfg and then when your done with that right click them and look at the date they were last modified if u find one that was modified later than the other ones than that means that that files has been edited by something oh and did i mention a virus scanner would be a waste of time because there is no virus that does anything to zelda classic but i can make 1 if i wanted to but im not evil and viruses dont "eat files" they edit them to do things differnt so i say take the time to do what i said and dont buy a virus scanner

Mysterious1
07-25-2003, 07:34 PM
thx e1 for your help, had to redownload this several times before I relized what went wrong, everytime I renamed the file and put it in my short cut on the decktop it would give me the not found report, so I just made a shortcut and not renamed them, it seems to be holding up fine now
thx again