PDA

View Full Version : ZQuest Tile/Combo Page Scroll Rates.

ShadowTiger
07-23-2003, 02:23 PM
I don't know about you, but I've noticed that the windows version of ZQuest (182, I guess.) scrolls a lot faster than the dos version. It's a lot less stable, (sorta.) but I will probably be using that from now on because of it. What about you? Are the scroll rates dramatically different, just kinda different, or much the same?

idontknow
07-23-2003, 02:28 PM
i've never used doss, so i don't know--but what i can tell you is that if you use ctrl+pg down to scroll through a bunch at a time, then the sometimes the ctrls get mess up, like when i try using the arrow keys to move screens, sometimes it'll shift the combos in whatever particular direction, instead of switching screens--also, if i press like a letter or number to type something in after having used the ctrl button, menus (such as the item menu) will pop up instead, as if the ctrl button was still being held down--but it sounds more like a keyboard problem than a zc bug

ShadowTiger
07-23-2003, 02:40 PM
Thanks, but I was referring to the actual combo editor, not the combo list on the right. ;) I have had my fair share of experiences with the ctrl methods, thanks. ;)

I am talking about actually holding down page down to scroll through the tile or combo pages in the graphics menu of the quest menu of ZQuest. In the Dos Version, it would have taken me about 8 or so seconds to get from page 0 to page 30 of the tiles page. In the Windows version, about 4-5. Maybe. I don't remember the number.

Raichu86
07-23-2003, 04:17 PM
I somewhat recently moved from Dos to Windows when I got Windows 2000, but I didn't notice that. :shrug: