PDA

View Full Version : I need some tile help

Linkafier
07-22-2003, 09:58 PM
My quest (MorningLight) looks really dorky with the classic tiles.
And I've downloaded other tiles but I can't get them on my quest editor!

I need a step by step guide :cry:

idontknow
07-22-2003, 11:17 PM
you can download & import graphics packs, which are files that store data such as pallettes (csets), tiles, combos, sprites, etc. To import graphics into your quest, go to File-Import-then graphics pack--then select the file that you want from the directory--the name should end in ".zgp" (stands for "Zelda Graphics Pack", i do believe) Then your set to use that set...if its just tiles you are looking for--go to Quest-Graphics-Tiles. Then hit the "grab" button & select the directory--the name ends in ".til" Then, from there, select what tiles you want to grab using the mouse (to select a group of tiles, hold the shift key) then hit ok. TaDah! Now you can use/edit those tiles for your quest--if this wasn't enough info, see alphadawg's tutorial (the link is in a thread in this forum)

Crazy_Link
07-22-2003, 11:18 PM
Have you read the tutorial? Well first ya go to file, then import, then then hit graphix pack or tiles

Linkafier
07-22-2003, 11:19 PM
Thanks man. Now my quest will look a LOT better.

Linkafier
07-22-2003, 11:24 PM
Actually I never thought of reading his turtorial.I guess if you don't you get pretty dumb :kawaii:

Linkafier
07-22-2003, 11:30 PM
Darnit! I downloaded a tileset and extracted it to the ZC folder, but when I go to import it shows nothing but the lame ..\ did I do something wrong?

Linkafier
07-22-2003, 11:32 PM
Sorry for all this posting but now I tried the graphics pack and I did have something there but when I tried to open it ZQuest closed :odd:

VEL
07-22-2003, 11:41 PM
Linkafier, please don't post multiple times in a row it is against the rules. Please use the "edit" button to edit your last post instead.

Linkafier
07-22-2003, 11:42 PM
Ok sorry about that. I'm new here.