PDA

View Full Version : Curfew For Men

carrot red
07-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Men face "ladies' night" curfew

Here’s a piece of news freshly out of Spain.

* Madrid (Reuters) - The mayor of a southern Spanish town has declared Thursdays "ladies' night" and says he will fine any man found strolling about town in the evening, in an attempt to encourage them to stay at home and do the chores.

A spokeswoman for recently elected Andalusian regional party mayor, Javier Checa, said on Thursdays from October, the streets would be the preserve of the town's women and a five euro fine would be slapped on any man found out and about.

The men of Torredonjimeno, a town of 14,000 people in the olive-growing province of Jaen in Spain's southernmost region, were not impressed by the attempt to tie them to the kitchen sink.

"Who does the mayor think he is to fine me if I go to a bar? I'll go to a bar on Thursday, and if they fine me I'll pay it...but we'll be seeing each other in court," resident Jose Damas told state television. *

I personally think it’s a wonderful idea, the men staying at home doing the chores while the women go party!!!

I wonder when the practice will be generalized.

Seriously though, I never thought such stupidity could ever be decreed. And they get payed for that too.

Starkist
07-22-2003, 07:54 PM
Sounds good, as long as there's something in return. Every Sunday, women will be forced to attend an NFL football game with their faces painted team colours. :)

Sub-Zero
07-22-2003, 08:02 PM
That is retarded... maybe instead of creating dumbass laws they should just educate people on how to treat women correctly?

Ian
07-22-2003, 08:48 PM
What about those single guys out there, who have all the chores done? They have nothing to do! I doubt it'll stay up very long, or there will be many lawsuits from a lot of guys.

TheGeepster
07-23-2003, 03:32 AM
That sounds like an odd piece of legislation. When do the guys get a night out to themselves?

(Hmmm, on second thought, guys tend to like hanging out near beautiful women, so that wouldn't work, would it?)

Trevelyan_06
07-23-2003, 03:42 AM
Ah those crazy legislators and government officals. If things aren't going well for you then just make something up to take people's minds off the real issues.

Ich
07-23-2003, 04:13 AM
Ah, those crazy feminists, hard at work to destroy the status quo simply because that's the way things are.