PDA

View Full Version : Wind Waker

Link6690
07-22-2003, 03:30 AM
has anyone made a wind waker quest yet if u have can i have it !

Crazy_Link
07-22-2003, 07:17 AM
No one has made a windwaker quest, and no one can yet or never. But someguy named Drakmyth said he was making a tileset :shrug:

*b*
07-22-2003, 07:36 AM
no-one can or never? don't you mean no-one has, and never will? either way, your wrong. it's possible to make a wind waker quest, it's just really really hard, what with the long boat trips and everything

Crazy_Link
07-22-2003, 08:09 AM
sorry. I meant no one has came out with one and ALMOST impossible

Raichu86
07-22-2003, 10:52 AM
I thought about seeing what I could do in a Wind Waker like quest, but ZC simply doesn't have the capabilities necessary to create anything that could even be considered a remake of Wind Waker (such as wind, the Wind Waker itself, etc). :shrug:

idontknow
07-22-2003, 11:19 AM
what is the wind waker?

Crazy_Link
07-22-2003, 11:36 AM
its a baton used by Link to control the wind in TLOZ:Wind Waker

Jigglysaint
07-22-2003, 12:08 PM
In other words, an item that would change the direction of one-way convey combos or raft paths?

*b*
07-22-2003, 12:17 PM
now THAT's an idea! go, go suggest it, before I do it myself :p

Jigglysaint
07-22-2003, 12:45 PM
Um, how about the whistle? I'm sure you can do that with layered secrets.

Petoe
07-22-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
Um, how about the whistle? I'm sure you can do that with layered secrets.
Yes you can! :D

Please, someone do it, because I'm not going to make a Zelda quest ever again...

Cloral
07-22-2003, 03:35 PM
If someone were to make a WW quest, it would probably not be a remake of the acutal game, but a brand-new quest in the spirit of WW. For instance, the raft could become the boat for the overworld via a bunch of raft branch flags placed everywhere on the water. There would then be no wind to control, but since this aspect of the game just annoyed most people, I really see no reason it has to be there. The purpose of the whistle could be to play the song that lets you warp around the overworld, since that is what the whistle does anyway.

Ganonator
07-22-2003, 05:44 PM
I actually had done a raft type game using all of the #12 flags on a series of screens. Problem was the controls were too picky, and you had to have a ton of #8 flags on the sides to back you up. a WW quest could be done, but it wouldn't quite be the same thing... besides - how would you go about the rope or the deku leaf?

Crazy_Link
07-22-2003, 06:08 PM
U could use the deku leaf as the wand, then probably the grappling hook as hook shot

idontknow
07-22-2003, 07:25 PM
ya know what would be good, making it possible to use items while on the raft--this way, you can be sailing along & then when the raft reaches a "whistle" flag, you can blow the whistle, and the path ahead changes (you'd place flag 16 & set its secret combo & its secondary flag to "raft") that would be the closest thing to a "windwaker" i guess-although i haven't played the game--oh! another idea: "whistle->secrets"--this way, we don't have to place whistle flags around the whole screen--we do have the "whistle->stairs" but that only activates a single "stairs" secret combo", which is kinda dumb and not too many people use it anymore, i think

EDIT: what other items are there in the wind waker game are there that might be good for ZC? also, whats the difference btwn a grappling hook & the hookshot? it doesn't seem like there should be a difference

Crazy_Link
07-22-2003, 09:10 PM
They both are similar, the same. But I really think that Wand turned into a deku leaf is a good idea.

Hmmm... U could use

1. that telescope instead of the lens of truth
2. Hshot 1 as grappling hook then HShot2 for the hookshot
3. Magic Armor instead of Nayru's Love
4. Iron boots instead of the boots
5. The skull hammer instead of the megaton hammer

Thats all I can think of... for now

Drakmyth
07-23-2003, 12:01 PM
I am not making a tileset. My friend (not subscribed to these forums) is attempting to remake the wind waker. (Changing small details of course.)

Crazy_Link
07-23-2003, 02:32 PM
Oh then I'm sorry :shrug:

Well if he is making a quest that is kinda like windwaker then he gonna have to have some custom tiles right?

Drakmyth
07-24-2003, 12:19 AM
Did I come across as mad/annoyed? If so I didn't mean to. I only ask because it seemed that way from your answer. Anywho, He has made a couple custom tiles including one for Tetra hanging in the tree and the birds. (That you have to fight... the multicolored ones.) The bird tiles are actually pretty dang good. But I have two questions. I know I technically shouldn't ask in this forum but since we're on the subject, 1.) How do you get the shadow underneath the 'bat' enemy to be solid instead of flickering? and 2.) Can you change the palette that certain enemies use? f so, how?