PDA

View Full Version : I've finally recieved my Intuos2!

Rijuhn
07-21-2003, 04:09 PM
Okay, I'm so happy right now and I'm sure I'm not going to make much sense. Let me start off by saying that those who know me, online and off, know that I enjoy drawing of all sorts. Well about a month and a half ago I showed my father a pretty cool picture I drew in Flash 5 and he told me that I should get a digital pen (graphics tablet). Later I found out that he was serious about it and he really wanted me to get one and he was going to pay 50% for me.

I researched online later that day, and the next and found info on a graphics tablet. This graphics tablet was constantly hailed as being the best all around professional digital artist's tool. I'm talking about the Wacom Intuos2! I told my dad about it and then he contacted Dell and ordered one. He was going to finance it so I could pay monthly payments on it. (The price of the Intuos2 is $350 by the way.)

Dell said they would ship it on this date: 7/2/03

We waited until June 28th when the finally called to tell us it would be delayed about a week. Then they called again about the 5th and said it was going to be delayed until July 21st. Then about July 17 they called and said I was going to receive it on or before the 28th of July. I was really mad at the operator but I didn't cuss her out or anything, but she could tell I was mad about the delay(s).

Well I wake up this morning and get a turkey pot pie and go to see what everyone is doing. After coming out of the restroom to wash my hands in the kitchen I sink I see an "Airborne Express" truck pull up in my driveway. I run into my room and quickly throw on some better clothes. I go outside and the man pulls out a giant box from the side of his van and hands it to me. I run inside and prepare to carefully see what's inside.

YES, IT WAS MY PLATINUM INTUOS2 6X8 recieved on July 21st 11:57AM!

Man, I'm so happy. I can finally draw like a really digital artist instead of trying to make something decent with my mouse. Yes, I'm so happy. Be looking forward to some of my artwork in the near future. Oh, and give me ideas of what I can draw if you can. Any tips on graphics tablets are welcome.

PS: I can't wait to start drawing Link, Inuyasha and Rijuhn!

carrot red
07-21-2003, 04:22 PM
Good for you. I'm glad you got what you wanted.
Can't wait to see some of your work.:)

gdorf
07-21-2003, 04:41 PM
Dude, that sounds great! Can we see a picture of the beast?

I-Man
07-21-2003, 07:20 PM
Im interested to see some of the pictures you drew in flash 5. A friend has suggested to me a few times I should get one of those pads, how is it?

Rijuhn
07-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Well, I-Man, I'm still learning how to best handle it for my style of drawing, but it is as good as I expected it to be. Not as good as I had wished it to be though, but wishes hardly ever come true, at least mine do not. It's quite different than using a real paintbrush or pencil, or mouse. But it isn't so different that I'm totally confused. Yes, it did take some time to get used to it, since I'm so used to drawing with a mouse, and I still have a lot more to learn about it.

Go to the gallery in my sig to see some of my artwork I've done with Flash 5, Terragen and Photoshop 7. There isn't anything done using my Intuos2 just yet, but there should be something up by the end of the week. Check around Sunday or so.

NaFe
07-22-2003, 03:53 AM
Great to hear. I'm intending on getting a graphics tablet sooner or later, it'll really make some of my artwork more easier!