PDA

View Full Version : Help on demo.qst that comes with ZC

Alekhine
07-20-2003, 05:27 PM
I've been enjoying the demo quest that came with ZC 1.90 that was created by Phantom Menace, but I've gotten stuck. I've completed the first 2 pseudo dungeons (pseudo in that they're not listed as "LEVEL" 1, 2, etc.). My list of items includes: wand, magic sword, blue ring, raft, ladder, whistle, braclet, arrows (no bow), max. of 12 bombs, large shield, and 1 key. I can get to LEVEL 2 but I still haven't found LEVEL 1. In LEVEL 2 I can get to a room where on the west wall there some odd looking circle thing and the floor has holes in it preventing my progress. I can get no further. I can't find any other dungeons or items. In the graveyard where you would get the magic sword in the first quest is toad. He tells you that you should blow the whistle in a grove of trees, but I've blown the whistle on every screen with trees that I've been to and nothing has happened. Any help would be appreciated. If the above was not enough to help you solve my problem I will elaborate upon request. Thanks.

Foxx
07-21-2003, 05:08 AM
First of all, nice screen name. You're the first fan of grandmaster chess we've gotten here. :spin:

Three years since I last touched the demoquest so I'll see what I can do.

There's a hidden shop where you can buy the magic book. It's somewhere to the east of the graveyard. You'll need the wallet to afford the book of magic. THAT I think is hidden in the "J" pseudo-dungeon. Once you have the book, there's a bridge you can summon by zapping a tree on a screen with water in it. Once you cross the bridge you can make your way to level 1 easily.

I hope this helps.

Alekhine
07-21-2003, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. It's also nice to know that there are others out there that who can remember some of the greatest chess players of all time.

Jigglysaint
07-21-2003, 11:52 PM
Wait a sec, grove of trees?

Phantom Menace you bastard! I just love those subliminal messages! :lol: (inside joke).

BTW, either he stole my joke, or I stole his joke.