PDA

View Full Version : DVD's

idontknow
07-20-2003, 03:39 PM
i need suggestions as to what DVDs to buy. What are some good new movies out there? i like halirious comedies & very scary movies; a good action/adventure movie (such as star wars) is good too-i specifically wanna know what movies you would recommend me buying to play with our new Sony dream system (surround sound). What are some movies that really sound awesome with surround sound? ( i know star wars does--in fact, i just watched episode 2 the other day it rocks! :))

Master Ghaleon
07-20-2003, 03:44 PM
Go get Lord of the Rings! Its awesome. Go get Labyrinth too. Its an older movie but its cool too.

idontknow
07-20-2003, 03:53 PM
i've seen both of those!!! labyrinth is ok--got some fruity parts in it--lord of the rings is pretty cool (the 1st one i mean; haven't seen The Two Towers yet)

Link 101
07-20-2003, 04:12 PM
Do you like anime? If you do, try getting Princess Monanoke or Spirited away. Those are good animes. As for comedy, I would get some Adam Sandler movies. Recommendations on those would be The Waterboy, Big Daddy, and Mr. Deeds.

Blonde799
07-20-2003, 04:29 PM
Get Scary Movie 2, or even the first one. It was worth every penny for me, and it never got old(I wish they didn't get stolen though:() Those two movies are comedies by the way.;)

zora man
07-20-2003, 04:31 PM
If you want a scary movie Fear dot com is a pretty good one.

Master Ghaleon
07-20-2003, 04:45 PM
Heres a couple more that Ive thought of..

13 Ghosts
Spaceballs
Lethal Weapon 1 though 4. I think 4 is the last one
Full Metal Jacket - its a cool movie

Ian
07-20-2003, 05:37 PM
It's doesn't matter if they are good with surround sound. Unless you've never seen any good movies, just get DVD's you like, and rent some that you think look good for future refrence, for when you want some more DVD's.
Both LotR movies are great, so get FotR now, and TTT when it comes out in August. All the Star Wars movies are fav.s of mine, so get them ALL.And so are all the Bond movies. As for random good movies:
-The Recruit (sp??)
-Shanghai Knights
-Deep Rising
-Bad Boys
-Independance Day
-National Security
-Just Married
-Blade/2
-The Fast and the Furious

.....I could keep going on until I fell asleep, but that'd be a waste of my time. Go to Blockbuster (or whereever) and look for movies you think look good instead of us telling you what we like, because everybody has diffeerent tastes in movies.

TheGeepster
07-20-2003, 06:33 PM
Pickl whatever you DVD you remember and enjoyed. Jurassic Park has one scene that wouild be killer with Surround Sound. I've heard conjversations listing others that would also be goo, but most escape me.

Saving Private Ryan, Platoon(?), Anything with a lot of explosive sound effects..

PrfectGREG
07-20-2003, 08:47 PM
Phone Booth = must own

The Recruit = must own

Old School = Must Own

Link 101
07-21-2003, 12:38 PM
Yeah man! Phonebooth is awesome. It is short, but man it is cool. Old School is funny shit. I have yet to see the recruit though. Also try The Ring and Darkness Falls. Those are pretty scary.

deathbyhokie
07-21-2003, 08:22 PM
no one's said office space yet?
/me is dissapointed in all of you

gdorf
07-21-2003, 08:52 PM
Try The Replacements. I liked that movie alot, and you may not have seen it yet.

Master Ghaleon
07-21-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by deathbyhokie
no one's said office space yet?

Never heard of it before

Link 101
07-21-2003, 09:16 PM
Nope, I haven't seen it yet. Looks funny. Buy The Matrix. That movie is cool. I liked it at least.

I-Man
07-21-2003, 10:21 PM
I want my stapler.

If your going for something that takes advantage of a good sound system, I definitely second Saving Private Ryan.

zora man
07-21-2003, 11:21 PM
Phone Booth = must ownWho wants to see a guy stand in a smelly phone booth for two hours? =P

Ich
07-22-2003, 02:01 AM
Das Boot (it's in German; the version you'd probably get would be subtitled. If you don't want to spend money on it, at least rent it from Blockbuster, or your library might have it.)

Clockwork Orange. See it before you buy it. That goes for them both.