PDA

View Full Version : good adventure games

idontknow
07-20-2003, 12:57 PM
what are some really good adventure/adventure games out there right now for the PS2? i'm not convinced enough to buy soul caliber because i dont like those sort of games--i want a game that has nice graphics but even more importantly, great gameplay--i like games where you must battle really nasty enemies in various levels, while collect items along the way--anyone know of any games, new or old, that i would like?

Pablo
07-20-2003, 03:07 PM
Try Jak & Daxter for a classic platform experience, and Ratchet & Clank for an explosive twist on the adventure genre involving lots of cool guns. Also, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory is an entertaining, if hella hard, adventure.

Does that help?

Master Ghaleon
07-20-2003, 03:50 PM
try out Gauntlet. I think they made it for the PS2

idontknow
07-20-2003, 03:55 PM
i have that; yea mean gauntlet legends: dark legacy or something like that? yea, i diddn't really like it--game play too repititive, too easy & graphics not all that great

Fiyerstorm
07-20-2003, 07:14 PM
Jax & Daxter and Dark Cloud are ok.

Rent them first, of course.

Erasul
07-20-2003, 11:11 PM
Alundra (PSX). Pretty good graphics, great gameplay, challenging. Awesome game.

Gerudo
07-21-2003, 01:53 AM
Pac Man Worlds 2 was pretty neat, imo...

Link 101
07-22-2003, 12:57 PM
Soul Caliber has great gameplay and graphics. You can't go wrong with it. Like others said, Rachet and Clank and Jak and Daxter. Also, try Grand Theft Auto Vice City, that has a lot of action.

DarkDragoonX
07-22-2003, 02:35 PM
Okay... the games you're describing aren't "adventure/adventure" games... an "adventure" game is a game along the lines of Maniac Mansion, Loom, Space Quest, or Myst (although Myst is really more of an adventure/puzzle combo).

Grasshopper
07-22-2003, 05:14 PM
Well then, get Myst: Exile. They make it for the PS2. And it has good graphics. And probably the best Myst game in the series.

Maverick_Zero
07-22-2003, 09:24 PM
The adventure series is a dead genre. There are no (Or very little) true next-gen adventure games. You can find free ones online alot. Or you can buy a Lucas Arts pack. They're cheap, they've got Monkey Island, and Sam and Max Games in them, usually.

Grasshopper
07-23-2003, 05:34 PM
But he wants it for the PS2. And I don't think Syberia 2 is coming to PS2

AlexMax
07-24-2003, 01:35 AM
Well then he is in a prediciment then.

Seriously, if you want adventure, look for it in bargin bins for the PC.

I've played Kings Quest V, Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle, and throughly enjoyed the last two, although the former was a little too unforgiving (miss a two pixel item on a screen and you might get stuck near the end of the game when its too late)