PDA

View Full Version : Strange Gameboy Player Quirk

Grasshopper
07-19-2003, 10:56 PM
I've beaten Advance Wars and open up quite a bit. You know when you first play it, Nell asks for your name. Then you have Field Training open, thats all. I put my Advance Wars in my GBP and it starts by asking my name. Then asks me if I've played it before, just like the first time, and I had no data opened. Just field training. I thought I'd lost my saved data. But I stuck it back in my GBA, and it pops up with campaign open, all my battle maps I bought, my ranking and all.... its still all there.

So whats up with that? Did anyone else have this happen?

Master Ghaleon
07-20-2003, 01:51 PM
Thats odd :odd: Did you try to put it in agian to see if it does the same thing?

Brasel
07-20-2003, 02:10 PM
Maybe you tripped something on accident that let you save to memory card rather than to the cart itself. I used to think I lost memory from my Playstation memory card...but I was actually turning the "pages". I found out what I was doing and got a bunch of old data back. :)

If this is the case, that would be so cool...I don't know why, it just would be.

Grasshopper
07-20-2003, 02:38 PM
Nope, haven't tried it but once.

Also, from what I understand, the GBP doesn't let you save to memory card. And there isn't any on my memory card except GC games, I checked.

Strange.

Axel
07-22-2003, 09:30 PM
damn, I was thinking if you could save to a card then I could save more Golden Sun files, so I wouldn't have to delete games to make space for my brothers.
oh well, I'll still get the GBP eventually, I hate hunching over that little screen...

Maverick_Zero
07-22-2003, 10:16 PM
Yeah, it would have made Metroid Fusion so much easier to play it on a TV rather then that little screen. And I like to use Gamecube controller. I got used to playing 2d games on it after beating the hidden original Metroid on Metroid Prime. And do you need to have a link cable and a GBA for the GBP? Because I though it would make the GBA useless besides for travel.

Dart Zaidyer
07-23-2003, 10:15 AM
A GC Link Cable and a GBA isn't required, but it's optional in case you want to use your GBA as a controller. (Not terribly useful right now, but later games could be coded to take advantage of that.)

I've heard rumors that you can also use a GC Link Cable to do multiplayer games, but only with two cartridges of the same game. I have no idea if that's true, though.

El Oso Verde
07-23-2003, 02:53 PM
Yeah, the Gameboy Player works basically just like a gameboy. You can link it up to other gameboys and play multiplayer games just as you would with just gameboys.

For some reason the manual says not to hook up 2 or more gameboy players to each other though. I'm not sure why they would say this.

Brasel
07-23-2003, 03:04 PM
I just got my Game Cube back...and I really want a player, but I don't have the money right now.

Why would they allow the option to hook up more than one GB Player if it says not to?

Dart Zaidyer
07-23-2003, 05:00 PM
I think it means you shouldn't hook two GBP's to eachother with a Link Cable. However, I believe you can hook two 'Cubes together via a Broadband Adapter and a LAN cable, as long as you have a second display.